ACF Pro License Not Working

I have a grandfathered-in license of Pro Unlimited (purchased in 2020). I’ve recently installed it on a Multi-Site network hosted on WPEngine. Pro is installed and activated on the network.

ACF Pro displays the message “Activate your license to enable access to updates, support & PRO features. Manage License.” and does not give me access to Repeater, Flexible Content, clone and Gallery fields.

I was under the impression that ACF Pro would continue to work with Pro/Cornerstone for anyone that had previously purchased a license. Am I wrong? If not, how do I fix this?

Hey Danni,

Thanks for writing in! Please make sure to use the latest Pro theme 6.5.2 version. You can check out the latest changelog here:

Best Regards.

I’m seeing this issue as well on 6.5.2. I just updated to ACF 6.3.3 through the Pro Bulk Extension Manager. The latest version directly from ACF is 6.3.4, but I never update via the plugins page. I always update to the Themeco approved version through Bulk Extension Manager.

Hi @ruenel I am on 6.5.2 but am still seeing this issue.

@dannikb,

Upon checking our installation the ACF Pro bundled by our theme is able to access the Repater, Flexible Content, clone, and Gallery page. With that said, we need to check your backend settings. To do that, please provide the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

The issue has been resolved for me. I develop on a local test server on a computer which isn’t always connected to the internet. Once I connected, cleared cache, and refreshed one of the ACF admin pages, the license messages went away and all the field options became available. I suspect this may have to be verified periodically, because I don’t remember having this issue when I initially set up this server.

Hey @Sheri17,

Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers.

I think that I may have figured out the issue. The site where I’m having this issue is a multi-site. I activated the Theme on a sub-site, not the main site, so the license probably didn’t get pushed to all the other sub-sites/main site properly. (At least that’s my current guess).

Can I revoke the license from the site on my Theme.co account and then re-add it via the main site to test this theory or will that cause other problems?

Hey Danni,

Yes, you can revoke the license from your themeco account and re-add via the main site. This will not cause any other issues.

Hope that helps.

Hi @marc_a
I tried revoking and re-installing my license. Didn’t work. My ACF Pro is now a version out of date but won’t allow me to update since it’s saying I don’t have a license.

Any other ideas?

Danni

Hey Danni,

We would love to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello Danni,

Have you explored updating the plugin in My Sites > Network Admin > Dashboard > Updates? Since you have a multi-site set up, updates can mostly be done in the Network Admin especially if the plugin is Network Activated.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.