ACF Licensing Message

Hello @charlie, hope you are well! Started noticing that the latest version of the bundled ACF Pro plugin now has an unlicensed nag message across my sites. Not terrible as it appears that the plugin still works but this is something clients will see.

1 Like

Been well. Hope you have as well! I sent a message to ACF. Believe it happened from update ACF 6.2.1. We can handle it a couple of different ways. Adding the following would remove it, but I’m not sure they would want us to do this as a solution.

add_action("init", function() {
  remove_all_actions('acf/in_admin_header');
});

Any news on this. Annoying some of my clients.

The alternative would also be to allow us to add our own licenses to ACF when using Pro (although I’m not sure if getting ACF updates prior to your team testing it is a good idea).

1 Like

I’m told ACF is working on it. It’s not a bad idea to be able to turn off our packaging system for certain plugins. Happy holidays!

1 Like

@charlie there seems to be a lot of stuff flying around regarding ACF and the licenses.

Do you perhaps have an update on this and how it would affect Pro / Cornerstone?

2 Likes

We are releasing a fix to the ACF messaging next week. We we’re working with ACF which is why this was not an instant fix. Have a great day.

2 Likes