ACF & Custom Post Type: How to make a noob-friendly backend (with Pro)

Hello

I have a customer who is a noob in editing, and I don’t want that the user edits in the Pro editor. The formatting of the whole site shouldn’t get ruined.
So I know that it’s possible with ACF Pro and Custom Post Type to create fields where the user can fill in the content in the WordPress back end and then it shows on the front end. But the problem is that the site should expand itself when content is added.

So for example I define one text block with a title, a subtitle, and a text. Then a block with text and an image left, and one with text and an image right. These would be 3 different post types (like templates).

How is it possible that the user can go to a page in the wordpress back end, edit it, add one of these blocks and fill out the fields needed and then it would be display on the front end.

Thanks for the answers.

Hi @webdiz,

Thanks for reaching out.

That would be template customization, you’ll need a predefined template that will be forced into your post types. Then custom fields are displayed on that template. I recommend contacting a developer for this one as this may get complex, but I’ll provide you some URL that may help you.

First, please check this about how templates works within the theme

Then this ACF documentation

The ACF instruction is generic only assuming that you use the same template, instead, you should do it on theme’s template. But since it’s a custom post type, you’ll have to create your own template from scratch. Example, https://theme.co/apex/forums/topic/using-cornerstone-to-create-custom-post-type-page-template/#post-639347. It’s old where the path and files are different, but the same idea applies.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.