Accurate Instructions to Update Theme

I followed the forum directions, renamed theme directory to old. Allowed me to log into wp admin. Downloaded latest version of pro. No option to upgrade on theme. Tried uploading as new theme, sends wp admin panel to error message. Please advise.

Hey David,

Thanks for reaching out!

Due to the WordPress update, there’s an infinite loop with our product. To fix your issue, please follow the steps here:

Hope that helps.

I followed these instructions. While it allowed me to log in to admin area, it would not allow (there was no option) to update theme. I tried to upload the latest theme and got the error message.

If you can’t access the site and need to make the change via FTP, please follow these steps.

• FTP Into your WordPress site.
  • Navigate on the FTP to your WordPress directory. This is usually in /var/www.
  • In the WordPress directory navigate to “wp-content/themes”
  • Remove the folder “pro” or “x” or rename it to something like “pro-old” or “x-old.”
  • WordPress will now be back up without a critical error, just not with the Pro or X theme.
  • Login to the WordPress dashboard.
  • Upload the latest version Pro 6.1.10+ or X 10.1.10+
  • Activate the theme and you will not have the critical message. Congrats you did it!

What to do?

Hey David,

Would you mind sharing your credentials so that we can check on your issue properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Just verifying you received the information you needed.

Thank you.

Hi David,

I have checked it from your CPanel and deleted the Pro and reinstalled the latest version through the WordPress admin dashboard. Now your website is working fine.

Thanks

Many thanks.

Hi David,

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.