Accordion scroll problem

Hello when i open an accordion the page doesn’t scroll to bottom

here is the page https://www.aquantum.gr/faq/

Hi Stella,

Thanks for writing to us.

There is an error in the console. There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot the common issues related to it.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Child Theme Related issue
3.CSS/JS Customization
4.Disabling Cache

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I have disabled the SG optimizer cache plugin from Siteground, I have disabled plugins , but still haven’t found where the problem lies. Still when i open some accordion the page doesn’t scroll to the bottom :confused:

Hi Stella,

This code in theme options conflicts with smooth scroll

/* jQuery(document).ready(function($){
$('.x-nav-wrap.mobile li.x-menu-item-woocommerce').addClass('cart-menu-item-x').insertAfter('.x-btn-navbar');
});

I removed the code and deactivate the smooth scroll plugin and reactivate it again. The scroll working properly while the accordion opened.

Please check and let us know.
Thanks

In mobile view it scrolls fine but when I open in desktop it does not fix the problem still can’t scroll down while an accordion is opened. Even on incognito mode. I cannot scroll down to see the footer.

Hello Stella,

I have inspected your page and I am seeing several broken codes.

1.) You have inserted this in X > Theme Options > Header > Miscellaneous > Topbar Content:

You should be inserting:

Εγγραφείτε στο  <a href="https://www.aquantum.gr/newsletter-form-page/">Newsletter</a> μας

2.) You have inserted a heading <h5> and <p> in the headline title and subtitle:

Use only <span> since the headline element will be wrapped with h2 or change it to h5 first.

3.) Please also make sure that when you insert any HTML content in your accordion, it is valid and correct to avoid any conflict and issues that will affect the page layout and its behavior.

Best Regards.

I don’t know how to do this,
can you please tell me what to write, I haven’t wrote any html I only selected from the options in the headline (Base font Size and Tag)
I want the heading and the subheading to be white, also why in the backend the headline is centered but on the live site the headline is to the left?
and why the subheading is white but on live is black?

Hello Stella,

Because you have added <h5><span style="color: #ffffff;">The Shop</span></h5>, the resulting output on the froned end will become this:

<h2><h5><span style="color: #ffffff;">The Shop</span></h5></h2>

And this is no longer a valid HTML. You cannot nest the heading tags. You only need to insert <span style="color: #ffffff;">The Shop</span> and select h5 for the tag.
Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 8.39.06 AM

The text color is not behaving correctly because of the invalid tags. I suggest that you correct the use of the headline element. You are also not seeing all the element options because you are using the default mode. You need to turn on the Advanced Mode by going to the Settings > Preferences > Advanced Mode so that you will have all the headline element style options.

If you would like, please give us permission to change the first “The Shop” headline so that you will have an example.

Best Regards.

Thank you Rue, I think I managed to remove the code but I still can’t scroll down to the footer area when an accordion is open :confused: please check for yourself.

Hey Stella,

Regretfully, you will need to uninstall the Smooth Scroll extension as it currently has a bug that causes the scrolling to stop.

I’ll report this in our issue tracker so it would be queued to be fix.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

I think I found the partial solution! When the plugin is enabled the scroll does Not work.
When the plugin is enabled but inside the settings of the plugin is disabled then it scrolls to the bottom of the page, it works! (like the photo attached)

Also when the plugin is disabled from the plugins menu the scroll does Not work

Hello Stella,

It’s good to know that your site scrolling is working now. If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.