Accordion not closing (standalone Cornerstone)

Hi,

I use Cornerstone with the Shoptimizer theme.
After the latest update the accordeon is not closing anymore.

Hey Marcus,

Thanks for reaching out!

There could be a plugin conflict or custom code that affects the accordion behavior. I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  4. DISABLE CACHE

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Hey Marc,

Thx for your reply.
I changed the theme to default, disabled plugins and cache. No css/js customation is active.

Still the same problem.

Hi Marcus,

I have investigated your website and found the issue. I would suggest you deactivate and delete the existing Cornerstone and reinstall it by downloading it from your Themeco Account.
If that does not help, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi Tristup,

Thx for your reply.

I did what you suggested but unfortunatly the problem still exist.

See credentials in the previous secure note to enter the site.
The site is under construction so no worries.

Hello @Marcus,

We have checked both the pages and the Accordion element present on the page is working. We can open/close or collapse and expand the element.

You need to make sure that the page elements and resources are loaded before you do anything to the page. Do not open/close or collapse and expand the Accordion when the page is not fully loaded.

Best Regards.

Hi, Thx for your reply.

Page is fully loaded. I can open the accordeon but not close it. Tested on Safari and Chrome.

Hello Marcus,

I was able to replicate the issue on one of our local testing servers. I believe that this is a bug in the latest release of the standalone Cornerstone plugin. This has already been added to our issue tracker and will be looked into by our development team. I cannot make any promises relating to a fix at this stage. I will add a note to the tracker referencing your report though so our dev team can see there are multiple reports of the issue.

Please bear with us.

Hi Ruenel,

Thx for your reply.

I want to go LIVE with the webshop end of this week. Do you think there’s a fix this week?

Or is it better to downgrade to a previous version?

Hey Marcus,

The issue still on queue and we don’t have any ETA but rest assured that our developers will look at it. On the other hand, If the previous version is working properly on your website, I suggest that you use it and just update to the latest version once our developers already fix the issue.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi, Downgraded to the previous version. Harmonica is working now. Except the new slider, it does not work the way it should…

Hi Marcus,

Glad that Accordion is starting to work now. If you are talking about the Modern Slider, that has been built for the version 6.1.0 and above which may not work properly the with lower version.

Thanks

Hi Tristup,

Any news regarding a Cornerstone update, fixing the harmonica issue?

Hello Marcus,

Our developers are rounding up the issue. We do not have an ETA on the release date of the latest version. Rest assured that our developers are working on this. I will follow up on this issue by bumping our issue tracker.

Please bear with us.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.