A conflict with Yoast page sitemap

Hi!

When I try to reach the website’s page-sitemap.xml generated by Yoast, it returns a http 500 error, and in some occasions, ti returns this:

**Fatal error** : Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 950272 bytes) in **/home/customer/www/***.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/frontend/view-routing.php** on line **176**

The PHP memory limit is 768 MB. PHP post max size is 256 MB.

When I turn all plugins off, the problem remains. When I switch the theme to a stock one, the problem is gone. It seems to be a conflict related to Pro. I have also made sure to test without the Child theme.

The same issue is present on the staging site as well. I am giving you the credentials for it.

Do you have any further ideas what it might be?

Thanks!

Hi Misho,

Thank you for writing in, but sorry I cant find why this page-sitemap.xml URL is getting the fatal error. I know that is the default generated URL by YoastSEO sitemap. However, I found out on your staging, it was actually this URL /sitemap_index.xml, can you try restoring that to default.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi!

Thank you for looking into it.

/sitemap_index.xml is the general sitemap list, consisted of blog, page, taxonomy and other sitemaps. That one is working, as well as all other sitemaps except the page-sitemap.xml.

I’m not sure what you mean by restoring to default, it is the default. Okay, thanks again, I’ll try to see with the host. This must be resolved because it is is vital for the site.

Hey @Misho,

We’re sorry for the confusion. Please try increasing your WP memory limit.

I haven’t got into the exact cause yet but lowering the number of pages added to the sitemap makes the /page-sitemap.xml work.

Please reach out to Yoast support as to what exactly happens if a sitemap is generated. That will give us an idea why the server couldn’t handle the query.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.