6.3.0 Beta starter templates issue

The message and dialogue box to install the starter setup templates and pages appears only the first time I switch to the Starter stack, and now I am unable to make it appear again (after initially hitting Go back)

Could it instead be a button that shows up below the stack switch when Starter is selected? Allowing you to install, seeing that it has been installed, and perhaps an ability to reinstall?

Or is this content the same as what you get in the Starter Site Sites import?

Maybe just a mention of that below the stack switcher when Starter is selected to indicate that option?

Actually, I am just now trying to install the Starter Site pack and it is showing the Installing Starter Site message for a while, then it disappears and nothing has changed: no new pages added and no changes to any of the theme options.

This is in a fresh install of Wordpress and Pro 6.3.0 Beta

I think it does install, it just doesn’t update the UI when you do it through that method. Unless you are talking about when doing it from the normal area? I like your idea for just having that section appear below in the input on your first time in the app. I’ll play around with that, and it would most likely fix the UI issues of no messages appearing. Thanks!

No new page or content was being added before, but now with Beta 2 it successfully installs for me and I can access the Starter Site content :+1:

1 Like

Awesome, probably just another Output buffer issue. Thanks!

1 Like