6.3.0 Beta bug - Some styles overridden by stack style in editor when changes are made

This issue I think has cropped up in past betas. Updated to the Pro 6.3.0 beta on an existing site in a staging area, when the editor initially loads, everything looks great and styles are correctly rendering. When I make a change, the element styles are suddenly overridden by the default stack styles.

This is the styles on load. You can see the .mcs17-0 styles are further up the list, overriding the .x-slide-pagination integrity stack styles.

I then go to make a minor change to an element any where on the page. In this instance, I changed the background colour of the navigation icons arrows within the slider (i.e. not something within the Slide Pagination element). And then all element styles are bumped down the list and overridden by the stack defaults:

This is not happening on a fresh install, though I am trying to recreate it by mimicking some of the setup of where the issue is happening.

Has this cropped up elsewhere in testing?

I haven’t seen this. The previous stacks were largely untouched too. Does clearing a cache help? Is the integrity css loading before id="cs-inline-css"? Might have to take a look at the site to get an idea. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

It appears to be a conflict with SiteGround Optimizer, specifically the Minify CSS Files option. Within this option, it is possible to exclude certain files, and excluding themes/pro/framework/dist/css/site/stacks/integrity-light.css from the minification (which it should be anyway as it’s already minified) fixes the problem. The SiteGround minification must be changing the order of the css loading meaning that some newly edited element styles were being overridden.

I might put in a feature request of SiteGround to be able to totally disable the minification and combine functions when logged in, or when in page builders, as their current setting for disabling caching on specific urls only applies to file-based or dynamic caching, not the minification.

In any case, I will add the updated specifics of setting up SiteGround Optimizer to my notes for future sites!

That would be a cool SiteGround feature. I think we’ve had this come up before as well. Glad it’s figured out at least.

1 Like