5.0.8: Pro is hanging, whatever I try

Hi!

This is the first time that I was unable to resolve this error.

On https://www.progreso.hr/, Pro editor is hanging.

The strange thing is, there is one user that is able to edit pages in Chrome. This user cannot edit pages in other browsers, and no other user is able to edit any page in any browser.

These are the things I have tried:

• Reinstalled Pro

• Disabled all plugins, including Litespeed cache

• Cleared all browser caches and website caches, including the Style cache

• Deactivated the Child theme

• Removed Custom JS

• There is no CDN active

• When I was trying in Firefox, I got this in the console:

I have created a brand new quick test page, based fully on the latest Pro: https://www.progreso.hr/nenamjenski-test/.
That page cannot be edited either.

I am out of ideas. Can you please look at it? Thanks!

Hello Misho,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of PHP memory. I went ahead and checked your site settings, it seems your max upload size is 10M which needs to be increased. Please contact your WebHost to increase the PHP memory. In case if you have not seen our doc about PHP memory please have a look at it.

In case if it doesn’t work for you, it would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL [Staging]
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details [Staging]

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi!

Of course! I forgot to check those. :slight_smile:

I have increased all values and will check on Monday if users can log-in.

Thanks!

Thanks for testing, Misho.

Hi!

All values are now increased. The problem remains.

My account on my laptop is the only one that is able to edit pages in Cornerstone. My account on other laptops cannot do it, nor any other user account can do it.

This sounds like some caching issue, but we simply cannot figure out what to do else. Users tried to clear all caches they are aware about.

This is a Litespeed server, and this provider is not allowing subdomains.

I cannot create a staging copy of the website in the same environment. Can you take a look at the live site? Feel free to turn plugins on/off or test other things. You can turn the Under construction extension while doing it.

Thanks!

Hi Misho,

I have checked your website and the Page Builder loaded the content perfectly. I have also created a Test page and added content multiple times and edited and modified it a few times and that worked too.
If that is not the case and you are trying to point out something else, please provide any screenshot marked with the issue or any video that helps us to recognize the problem.

Thanks

Hi!

I am trying to figure out why users that are supposed to work on the website cannot load any pages. Seems like you can edit them. I can as well, but only on my laptop and in Chrome.

• My account cannot edit pages in any other browser than Chrome
  • M account cannot edit pages in any browsers on other devices, including Chrome
  • Other older user accounts cannot edit pages in any browser on any device

I understand this must be a caching issue, but it is a very complicated one. This site is on Litespeed. Hosting company has no idea what could be going on.

That’s OK. If you don’t have any further ideas, I will continue troubleshooting. Hosting promised to give me a subdomain for testing, so I’ll try that as well.

Thanks!

Hi Misho,

We really don’t have any further ideas on this, I would suggest you check once the server cache which might a reason behind your issue.

And also please let us know if you find something helpful to others.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.