404 Cornerstone Error

Hi,

I’m writing regarding a problem with cornerstone page builder.
When I try to build a new page or article I constantly receive 404 errors and have to renew the page.
I also can’t switch through the tabs “layout” “elements” and"inspector" without having the error message.

Also, from activation of the theme, i have an error displaying in the navbar menu: there is the search icon right under the home tab, and there’s no way I can move it or remove it.

Can you please help me?
Creating the website is starting to be really difficult this way…

Thank you

Valentina

Hi Valentina,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please go to Admin > Settings > Permalinks and make sure /index.php is removed from your permalink structure. Once saved, please close all your browser tabs where the builder is open and re-edit them by going to Edit with cornerstone.

Reloading the same opened builder will just have the same issue after changing the permalink. Loading new will make sure it also loads with the correct permalink.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,
Now it goes worst than before…it says 404 not found even when I click on “edit with cornerstone”.
Now I also can’t upload any new media or preview existing pages…

Hi There,

It could be mode rewrite issue related which is responsible for permalinks. If it’s not configured or supported by your hosting, then you’ll get 404 on most of the pages. It maybe different from host to host so you may contact your hosting provider about that issue.

Thanks!

Can you please explain it better so that I can contact them and give exact information? What should they edit?
Do you also know why there’s the bug in the menu? I haven’t edited anything about it yet so it’s strange I already have so many issues…

Thank you

Hi Valentina,

Your issue seems to be related to this thread (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/elements-404-error-permalink-issue-how-to-fix/48221/14). Could you please review information there and contact your hosting provider accordingly.

Hope that helps.

I’ve reported to the web hosting and asked to check… They will update me tomorrow!
Meanwhile, thank you for the support and patience, hope to fix soon! :slight_smile:

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

Hi Prasant,

The hosting support says that mod-rewrite was already enabled on apache, and that it is not on them…
What can I do?

Thank you

Hey Valentina,

I see. In this case, this could be something in your htaccess that is causing this. Would you mind trying this last test before we proceed with checking your WordPress setup.

Rename the .htaccess file that could be found in the root folder where you installed WordPress to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

If that does not still help, please give us WordPress Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Ok, I’ve tried, renamed the .htaccess file, saved and then retried, but it doesn’t work anyway… under this reply I’ll give the access details

Hello Valentina,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Can you please confirm the URL as that hasn’t been shared?

Thanks.

Yes, my fault :slight_smile:

Hello Valentina,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please confirm the URL. Upon clicking on the URL you have shared, I do get the login (broken) page and after entering the details it gets redirected to following URL and error message. This site can’t be reached.

Thanks.

The hosting support is checking! I’ll let you know as soon as they reply… meanwhile thank you :slight_smile:

You’ re welcome! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Can you please connect with anydesk?

Hello Valentina,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

As of today we provide support only via Apex forum. Unfortunately we won’t we able to connect via Anydesk as we are not allowed to do so.

Thanks for understanding.

Hello Prasant,

Ok, no problem. We’re working on “going online” with the website since it’s an internal hosting.

Hello Valentina,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Please take a look at the solution mentioned in the following thread and let us know how it goes.

Thanks.