2 - Column Formatting Problem

Hey you all, I’m working on a site that’s not live so I cannot share the login etc.

When I use a basic 2 column section with 2 text areas the text formats with margins as expected. See below:

When the screen is adjusted to be a little smaller I get this:

I tried all of the conventional methods with min-width percentages etc but nothing has worked. Can you recommend a calc setting that would fill the width of the screen better when the columns are stacked?

Hello @Boans,

Thanks for writing in! To better assist your with your issue, please provide the URL of the page so we can inspect your columns first. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks so much, but as I mentioned in the original post, the site is not live at this time. I was hoping you could give me a little nudge in the right direction given I was using the default settings on a 2 column section.

I’d just like to know what to add to the width or min width etc so that the columns will stack when the screen is smaller but then take up more than half the width of the screen. (as displayed in the screenshot)

Hello @Boans,

The 2 columns should display responsively. Did you manage to set the 2 columns and collapse it on smaller screens? Please check out your Column Layout in your Row element settings:

Clicking the word “Template” will launch the other layout settings:

If you wouldn’t mind, please save the page as a template and send it to us or place it in dropbox so that we can import it in our local testing server and check your element settings.

Best Regards.

That worked perfectly, thanks! I wasn’t aware of that template feature.

Hello @Boans,

It is called the Responsive Element Styling. It also applies to other element properties. Kindly check this out:

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.