Under construction does not work

Hi @Tangauta,

As I checked your setup, while being logged in, under construction page is not showing already. As you can see in my image below:

Clear site and browser cache before checking your setup again.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you Nico. I did clear both site and browser cache before, but it seems it takes longer than expected. :slight_smile: Everything is working now. Thanks again!

Glad you were able to resolve it :slight_smile:

Hi again. I am afraid it is not completely solved. It seems that “under construction” is only working on homepage since I still can see some other pages (example 1, example 2) while logged out.

:confused:

PS: I cleared both site and browser cache again before checking this again…

Hello there,

Thanks for updating in!

I can confirm your issue on my end. It seems it is an Under Construction plugin issue.

It only shows the under construction page on those examples pages when I click the update button in X > Under Construction.

To fix this issue, kindly follow my colleague’s advise:

Upon checking, I see that you’re still using the old X child theme which could be a potential conflict.

Could you please try downloading the latest child theme from your Themeco Dashboard, install it and move your child theme templates there. Also delete your under construction extension, re-install it again and configure again.

For your convenience, here’s the guide on how to setup your child theme:

I validated X product long ago and I usually receive automatic notifications in my dashboard. My X dashboard says everything is updated and I ve just checked (by clicking “check again”) and there is nothing to update.

Yes it was already validated. The X dashboard will only show your latest theme version but not your child theme. That also applies if you install Pro theme.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your detailed reply and for having read the whole post before answering. I really appreciate it.

Well, following your advises…

1. I ve just installed the new version of child theme as suggested (according to these instructions)
  2. I ve just deleted and reinstalled “Under construction”
  3. I ve just cleared site and browser cache

But the problem remains as mentioned above.

Any other suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Try to deactivate All In One WP Security plugin first then check

Let us know how it goes!

Hi Paul. There is no third party plugin on my site now. Under Construction is the one and lonely active plugin. And of course, I cleared both site and browser cache. Again.

The problem still remains unsolved. :frowning_face:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello there,

I’ve checked the pages again, and the issue shows if you enable W3 Total Cache which is very obvious. I’ve checked permalinks and its okay.

I suggest you completely delete W3 Total Cache plugin as there are wp-config rules that were placed there that might trigger this issue. Here’s an article you can refer:

Also, please update the FTP login details on the secure note as it wasn’t working. Once you’ve handed it, we’ll do some WP debugging. If in case our efforts didn’t work, we will add this as bug to our issue tracker.

Thank you.

Thank you again Jumar. I will follow your guide and will let you know how it results. Thanks!

Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

Thanks!

About FTP, I ve just accessed FTP as usual, no problem at all. It happened before that you could not access I don t know why. Perhaps the server, the mode, I really don t know… Please, check my last secure note. Thanks again.

You’re FTP is already working. Any news about the troubleshooting?

1 Like

Thanks for keeping me informed about FTP and for asking about the issue. Unfortunately it takes me sometime to understand the instructions due to my little knowledge both in English and technical web stuff, so I have to find a peaceful moment on my day to pay all my attention to the instructions, specially when piece of code is involved. I will try to uninstall W3 cache today and I will let you know how it goes. The problem is still unsolved.

Hello there,

Thank you for the update! No problem. Please take your time.

Have a great day ahead!

Hi again Jumar. I ve finally completed the process described on the article you suggested above. I ve not turned off WP-Cache in WP-Config.php (step 5) as it was suggested as optional and the whole process had been stressfull enough for me up to that point. :cold_sweat:

But I ve checked my site (logged in and out) and it seems to be back to normal! So, thank you very much for your instructions!!!

Just a couple of questions

1. I assume I can re-activate back the other plugins, right?
  2. I guess I have to install other plugin to replace W3, right? Are you aware of any other troubled caching plugin? It would be useful to know about it now. :wink:

Thank you again! Have a nice weekend!

Hi there,

You can always deactivate other plugins. And other cache plugins could cause the same issue since it’s about cache. You should manage your cache by clearing them and disabling them for every update and changes that you’ll make. And reactivate once you’re done.

Thanks!

Thanks Rad. I m sorry but I m not sure to understand your response.

1. I said I will re-activate the other plugins, activate my old plugins back I meant since they are deactivated now. I assumed it was ok but after reading your answer, I am not sure…

2. I cleared the cache AFTER every update and changes that I made. After that, the rest of the time, I kept the plugin disabled. That is how I was told to use cache plugin. Is it correct?

3. I understand this issue was born from W3 Total Cache plugin. If so, perhaps I should install another cache plugin. Or perhaps you can suggest another option for cache. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again

Hello There,

Sorry for the confusion. I would highly suggested that you disable your caching plugin for the meantime. Caching plugins are best turn on when you are done building your site. It is not advisable to enable it while you are still editing any pages or settings in your site.

Hope this helps.