The Grid plugin help

Hello. Thanks for the reply. So basically I have to “disable” the actual shop and create a new page where I would add the shortcode, and this new page would serve as a new shop?

Hi there,

Yes, that is an option you could take.

Another would be to use The Grid as template. This step will have to be done through the child theme.

Here is a link for those steps:

https://theme-one.com/docs/the-grid/#grid_as_template

Kindly read through the link above and you will see the step on how to use The Grid instead of the default Woocommerce display.

Thank you.

Will do. Thank you very much.

You’re most welcome!

I am unsure how to do this.

Blockquote To replace the index/search/archive templates of your Theme, you need to edit the index/search/archive.php file located at the root folder of your theme:

How do I get to this root folder? I thought this was my child theme folder but I can’t find it there.

Is there a possibility you (themeco staff) could do this for me? If it is possible, I provide login details in a secret note.

Thank you.

Hi There,

You have to do it yourself.

Please copy this file from parent theme: x/framework/views/renew/woocommerce.php.

To child theme: x-child/framework/views/renew/woocommerce.php. (create the directories if they don’t exist).

After that change the source code of woocommerce.php file to this:

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/RENEW/WOOCOMMERCE.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// WooCommerce page output for Renew.
// =============================================================================

get_header();

?>

<div class="x-container max width offset">
    <div class="<?php x_main_content_class(); ?>" role="main">

<?php
			if(is_shop()){
				The_Grid('Camberra', true);
			} else {
				woocommerce_content();
			}
		?>

</div>

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

</div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Thank you. I have done that, but now woocommerce shop page only displays “No grid was found for: My Grid Name” and when I change in woocommerce.php of my child theme the name of the grid from ‘My Grid Name’ to Pracia for example, I get an Error 500 HTTP message. How do I now incorporate one of the grids in the shop?

Hello? Can you please assist me?

Hello,

You need to replace My Grid Name in the code above with the name of the grid you like:

Thanks.

Excuse me, but had you read what I wrote in my previous reply, you would see that I tried doing that, but when I do that, my site crashes and I get the error 500 http code.

Oops sorry for that, my mistake, I apologize.

Please provide us with FTP login details as well in Secure Note so we can investigate this server error in details.

Thanks.

No problem. Here it is. If you could please set everything with the grid up so I can just insert products I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Hello Alex,

Regretfully the given ftp details is not working for us. The password seems invalid. By the way, could you please enable the debug mode instead. You can do this by opening wp-config.php file and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page with the error 500, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello.

I am including the correct FTP details this time, however, after enabling debug mode in wpconfig, no detailed error message appeared, it’s the same as before.

Do you have a different code to try out than the one you gave me already for creating the files? Maybe that is the problem, so a different code would fix it…

Hello There,

I have logged in and I was able to browse the files. The problem is that you may have removed the woocommerce.php files. Could you please insert your code as the contents of that file so that we can check it? By the way, the code must be something like this:
The_Grid('Pracia', true);

If you miss a coma or incorrect quotes, it will throw out an error 500.

Please let us know how it goes.

Which woocommerce.php files? The originally created ones or the custom ones created by code as per your instruction? Should I recreate them as stated above in previous posts?

Hello There,

Are you using the code from @Thai’s reply?

<?php

// VIEWS/RENEW/WOOCOMMERCE.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// WooCommerce page output for Renew.

get_header();

?>

<div class="x-container max width offset">
    <div class="<?php x_main_content_class(); ?>" role="main">

<?php 
	      if(is_singular( 'product' )){
		    woocommerce_content(); 
	      } else {
	      	if ( wc_get_loop_prop( 'total' ) ) {
				while ( have_posts() ) {
					the_post();

The_Grid('Pracia', true);
				}
			}
		  }
      ?>

</div>

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

</div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

Please make sure that you copy and pasted the correct code. Any missed quotes could create an error 500.

Kindly let us know.

Yes I was using his code. The code is correctly written and the woocommerce.php file is there since the beginning. It was never missing. Still not working.

Hello? I would really like this to be fixed already as it’s been persisting for quite a while now.