The demo "ETHOS" is not working properly

Hello,
We have been trying to install the demo “ETHOS” for a long time. But all the demo content is not being imported perfectly. All we want is to make the website look exactly like the demo. Can you please help?
Thanks in advance! :slightly_smiling_face:
Is there any email address where we can send you the login details?

Hi Scott,

You can use the Secure Note feature of this thread to give the login information if you want.

Would you please give us the exact Demo that you are talking about? Here is the link to our demos.

Also, please consider that the Ethos 01, Ethos 02 and Ethos 03 are part of the standard demos. We do not have a copyright of the media used in standard demos, that is why the demo import tool will not import any image or video, and instead it will use placeholders that you can then replace with your images and videos.

The Expanded demos are different and we do have the copyright information and the import tool will install all those images and videos to your website.

If that was not what you mean please kindly give us more detailed information about the problem that you are facing and we will be more than happy to help.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. We would like to install the demo Ethos 1 perfectly.

While we were trying to install theme it didn’t work and the site is almost broken now. Can you please install the demo for us. We’ll really appreciate it if you do :blush:

We’ll create a secure note then to provide you the login information. Hope that’s okay.

Thank you!

Hey Scott,

Our Ethos 1 demo is composed of blog post display so it requires setting up unlike the rest of our Standard Demos. We do not install or setup demo contents as part of our product support but to give you an example, I’ve sets the Ethos Carousel and the Ethos Post Slider to display Random posts. I then set the Filterable Index to display Category 1 or the default Uncategorized category of WordPress. To learn more about Ethos options, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizer-ethos-options/131

I also saw Cornerstone was deactivated in your site. It is required to be active so I activated it because X and Cornerstone share scripts necessary for the functioning of X menus and other Javascript dependent feature.

I also deactivated UberMenu as that is not a part of the Ethos 1 demo and with it active, I could not show you a close replication of the demo. Feel free to activate again. Here’s the documentation for UberMenu: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-ubermenu/75

Out of the box, importing a demo will also import the demo sidebar. But, it looks like you already have modified the sidebar so the demo wouldn’t import so I added a widget to the Main Sidebar just to give you an example.

Below is a screenshot of your site now:

You need to add a Featured Image to each of your post in order to display them in blog display, carousel and slider.

Hope that helps.

Hey there,

Thanks for the instructions. We’ll follow the instructions you mentioned above.

We’ll contact you if we have any further questions. Hope that’s okay.

Thank you.

You’re welcome, Scott. You can contact us anytime with anything related to our products. We’re always happy to help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.