Search in head menu

HI
i use agency Demo and i have a problem with site search
it appears like this

i want it to be a button like this and how to remove it if i want … i can’t see this option in theme setting or in UberMenu setting.
and this is the original one in Demo

I also to change search “TYPE AND PRESS “ENTER” TO SEARCH”

and customize search page sentences to translate it to my language

Best Regards

Hello Eslam,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

1. If you want to turn off site search then it can b done from X > Theme Options > Header > Search.
  2. You can change the search lightbox text from /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/functions/navbar.php and make the changes in following code:
              <label for="s" class="cfc-h-tx tt-upper"><?php _e( 'Type and Press &ldquo;enter&rdquo; to Search', '__x__' ); ?></label>

and /wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/global/_content-none.php to make changes into 404 search page text.

Before making any changes I suggest you to install child theme and copy the files from above shared path into child theme in the same order by creating the necessary child folders.

You can use following resources to download and setup child theme.

Download Child theme from following source: https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Please take a look at following article to setup child theme:

To learn more about translation, please take a look at following article.

Thanks.

1 Like

thanks a lot for helping me Prasant
may I ask if there is additional setting for using theme in RTL language ?!

Hey Eslam,

There’s no documentation regarding RTL as when you enabled it in WordPress, the theme will switch your layout to RTL. That is possible because the theme already has RTL styles.

Navigate to Settings => General in your WordPress dashboard and select the preferred “Site language” – don’t forget to hit the “Save Changes” button.

What I mean about manually convert is, you need to build your RTL page’s manually. That means that if you now have the English page, you need to save the page as a template then insert that template to the RTL version then manually rearrange the elements to display from right to left. There is no option to automatically flip all the contents.

How do I manually convert to RTL please?

Please see https://codex.wordpress.org/Right_to_Left_Language_Support

Hope that helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.