Root Font Size Changes Not Taking Effect in Theme Options

Hey all. I changed my root font size from scaling to stepped yesterday to see what it would look like. I attempted to change it back and it will not save my changes. I did this in Theme Options > Typography. Any idea on what I can do to get the changes to take permanent effect? I am also have a similar issue with plugins period. I have tried to delete a plugin from the dashboard and it says it deleted but its still active and in the list. Not sure if there is something wrong overall with my site that is giving me these issues.

my site is https://www.istandardproducers.com
you can see the font size in my blog https://www.istandardproducers.com/cardi-b-invasion-of-privacy-producer-credits/
And themeco is my host if that info is needed as well.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
I would like to suggest you to check few troubleshooting process to fix the issue.
Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

as I stated above, Themeco is my host. Adding a secure note with login credentials as well.

Hello there,

I’ve cleared your style cache and can see that setting your Root Font Size Mode to Stepped is working fine. Please watch this video screencast.

Can you give us steps on how you’ve used the Stepped option where you see the error? This is so I can give you tailored solution to the issue on your end.

In case you haven’t understood on how to work with that option, I’ll share to you some steps to follow below:

1. First you need to set the Root Font Size Mode to Stepped.

1. Set a font size at each of your site’s breakpoints by lowering the the font size up until the lowest resolution. Don’t forget to enable the Preview Sizer when working on this. You can also resized the screen by using Toggle Device Toolbar on Google Chrome’s inspect element.

- Fonts at each breakpoints

- Preview Sizer

- Toggle Device Toolbar

1. Click Save.

For the plugin that can’t be deleted problem, I have installed Imagify plugin, delete it afterwards and can confirm it was deleted sucessfully. May I know what plugin have you tried deleting when you encounter the issue?

Just a side note, I strongly advise you make it a habit to clear your style cache in Pro > Settings once you edited pages in Cornerstone/Theme Options that wasn’t rendering properly, or you’ve switch themes with errors. These are common frontend issues and can be fixed by reading our guide here:

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.