Can't Change Font Sizes

Hi there,

I’m using stepped font sizes and for some reason changing them has no effect. No matter what, I can see from the inspector that the font size is always 20px. It looks like when I first load the page, maybe they take effect, but then the sizes immediately go back to 20px.

Based on the inspector, it appears to be Pro-generated CSS styling that is added in to the header. I cannot figure out where it’s coming from.

I’ve followed all of the troubleshooting steps outlined in this thread: Root Font Size Changes Not Taking Effect in Theme Options

I’ve tested with the base theme (not child theme) and all plugins disabled, cache cleared, permalinks reset, etc. Same exact thing keeps happening and I don’t know why.

I’ll add my secure info below.

Hi @brianjohnsondesign,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you give a screenshot or a video explaining your problem, so that we can better help you with your problems.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Okay, see screencast below in private note. It’s pretty self explanatory: changing typography font size settings has no affect on the site at all.

Hello @brianjohnsondesign,

I have logged in to your site. I just checked your Pro > Theme Options > Custom CSS and I found this custom CSS:

body .entry-header p, body .entry-content p {
  font-size:20px;
}

Please have this removed so that the typography settings will take effect and be applied to your site.

Best Regards.

Ah, thank you for helping me find that. I set up the site a while ago and I guess I thought I put all the CSS in the child theme’s styles.css file, but apparently not. I also checked the custom CSS in the customizer but forgot there was an additional section there.

That’s all I needed, thank you!

Hello @brianjohnsondesign

Gald that we were able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.