Revolution slider error cornerstone

Hello,

I have been having trouble with revolution slider as you can see on the attached screenshot.
Trying to put classic revolution slider through cornerstone and doesn’t work but if I load it through visual composer there is no issue. The thing is I would like to use cornerstone to build my homepage as both arn’t compatible (visual composer and cornerstone)

Thanks you for your help

JP

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Would you mind double checking if your X, Cornerstone, and Revolution Slider versions are updated?

Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

If everything is updated and the issue persists, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

In case you are getting the issue, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note (key icon under the replies you post/posted):

Let us know how it goes!

Hello,
Thanks for your email. I have tried everything you suggested but still no results.

The error message persists.

I am suprised to see that in cornerstone the under masthead slider works but if I load on a different tab the home page website www.relion-services.com, all I get is a " Nothing to show message"

Thank you for your help

Hi @nevadasmith,

In your home page, you don’t have existing posts as of yet. If you’re trying to use a static home page instead of home page as blog page, then please go to Admin > Settings > Reading and set your created homepage as your front page

Same goes for the blog page, create a page for the blog and assign it as your posts page. And that’s where the Nothing to show message will appear if you still have no posts.

As for the slider, I don’t see any video slider from Admin > Slider Revolution and that error is displayed is because it’s looking for a slider that doesn’t exist.

You should create a slider with name and alias of video, or, assign another slider by editing your home page and go to this section

Thanks!

Hello,
Thank you for your quick response!! Everything works perfectly regarding those issues.
But now I have some problems with Cornerstone itself.
When going back and forward between Layout and Element tabs I keep having a message to stay on the page or leave it and if it’s not that it’s the message you can see in the screenshot I provided you with.

Thank you for your help

Hi @nevadasmith,

Glad they are okay now. About that issue, please go to Admin > Settings > Permalinks and change it to Post name. Save it and test your builder again. Please note that you have to close the browser window and open it again through Edit with cornerstone. Common mistake is just refreshing the same window so the result is still the same (same old URL).

Thanks!

Hey,
That did the trick thank you.
Another problem I have been facing is that the under construction plugin bypass password doesn’t work. I went and added in the under construction settings a password and nothing shows up on the website underconstruction page so no possible way to bypass that page to the actual website for non admin users.
How can I fix that?

Thank you for your help

JP

Hi JP,

This is a confirmed bug and we have already reported to our issue tracker. As a possible workaround you can use the solution mentioned in following post (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/under-construction-plugin-no-password-bypass-on-frontend/12833/16?u=mldarshana).

If you don’t have an active child theme already, please refer to our child theme setup guide (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57).

Thanks!

Hey there,

I worked around that issue.
I have added to my footer two social media icons through the cornerstone setup but would like them to be positionned at the bottom ( under email adresse section as shown on the screen shot).
How can I manage to do so?

Thank you for your help
JP

Hey JP,

The quick but sub-optimal method to achieve that is to use JavaScript. The code that should be added in X > Theme Options > JS is this:

jQuery('.x-social-global').appendTo('.x-colophon-content');

The recommended method is to use a child theme and override the Stack’s wp-footer.php. You can do that by following this guide: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-best-practices/205

In Integrity, the file is in x\framework\legacy\cranium\footers\views\integrity. Copy wp-footer.php to the same folder structure in your child theme then open the copied file in a text editor.

You should see this block of code:

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_footer_social_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>
          <?php x_social_global(); ?>
        <?php endif; ?>

Move it under this block then save the file.

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_footer_content_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>
          <div class="x-colophon-content">
            <?php echo do_shortcode( x_get_option( 'x_footer_content' ) ); ?>
          </div>
        <?php endif; ?>

Hope that helps.

Hey,

That worked great thank you. I used :
.x-colophon.bottom .x-colophon-content {
font-size: 13px;
}
to manage the size of my font down there but would like to set one for mobile version too.

For example I would leave 13px for desktop but would like 10px for and only in mobile so under 480px.

How can I manage that?

Thank you

Jp

Hello JP,

Thanks for updating the thread.

You can add following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:

@media only screen and (max-width: 480px) {
  .x-colophon.bottom .x-colophon-content {
font-size: 10px;
}
}

Thanks.

Hello Prasant,
It worked great thank you.
Do you have another idea on how to add space between both social media icon and add a padding top so they are not so close to the email?

Thank you

Thank you so much

Cheers
Jp

Hello @nevadasmith,

To add a space between both social media icon and the email, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.x-colophon.bottom .x-social-global {
    margin-top: 30px;
}

Please let us know if this works out for you.

Hello @Rue Nel
That worked great thank you.
I have, I think what could be my last issue. On my contact page of my mobile version I there are two phone numbers that keep on showing up as the camel color when I want it to be in white like on y desktop version of that page. How can I fix that?

Also,
Now that I am finished building it I would like to make it a multilingual website. I have all the translations ready and I saw before purchasing it that Xtheme is compatible with wpml. Will I be able to easily translate my text when I built the website with cornerstone and have sections that our visible only on desktop and others on mobile. Do you have any guidelines for this part of my site building.

Is Xtheme compatible with polylang or another multilingual plugin that is not a subscription based purchase like WPML?

Thank you so much for your help and great support!

Best
JP

Hi JP,

To fix the color issue, you can add a class to your section where you have your contact details.

Then add this in Theme Options > CSS

.contacts a {
     color:#fff !important;
}

With regards to translation, you could try qtranslate though X is most compatible with WPML and that always have priority moving forward.

For more information kindly refer to the link below

Hope that helps

I also noticed that now my other pages aren’t showing on cornerstone either

Where there should be all of these like before

Hello @nevadasmith,

I have logged in to your site and I can see all the 9 pages in Cornerstone.

Please clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode and test your site again.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.