Under Construction Plugin - No Password Bypass on frontend

After updating the Under Construction plug-in to fix the removal of the persistent date field I now see an issue where the icon key will not appear for the bypass form.

I also noticed this in the code:
File: tco-under-construction/functions/enqueue/styles.php
Line 106 reads matco-width: 600px;
I think that is supposed to be max-width: 600px;

Site details can be found on this page:
Apex Forum Link

Hi There,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. I have forward this on our issue tracker for investigation. We will let you know once we have an update. Thank you for understanding.

FYI - I too am experiencing an identical issue.

I noticed the password setting is not even mentioned on the associated knowledge base page: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-under-construction/89

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting. Please note that this issue was already added to our issue tracker for our developers to look into.

It’s been 10 days and I was concerned this topic would auto-close.

Is there a status update on this?

2 Likes

Hi There,

I have check the report and unfortunately there’s no update yet.

FYI - I too am experiencing this issue. updated to Theme Pro 1.2.6

Hi @tijshelpt,

Your request has been noted.

Thanks!

As stated in my original post there are issues with the CSS file: /tco-under-construction/functions/enqueue/styles.php

Lines 106, 198, 204, 212, 226 all have matco-width as the CSS property which should be max-width.

I can see that bypass code is there on the page but there is no key icon there to trigger the JS to have the login field appear.

I added this to the custom CSS:
.dashicons-admin-network:before { content: "\f112"; }

Now I see a missing font icon where the key icon should be. This leads be to believe there is an issue with the dash icon not loading on the front end.

Therefore in line 32 wp_enqueue_style( 'dashicons' ); where it should load the CSS for WP admin stylesheet is not being loaded on the front end, and there is no content being added for the toggle.

Furthermore if I add the following to my child theme functions.php file:

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'dashicons_enqueue_frontend_dashicons' );

function dashicons_enqueue_frontend_dashicons() {

wp_enqueue_style( 'dashicons' );

}

I then see the icon like it should.

So for those in this thread looking for a workaround, just add the function to your child-theme and it should work again.

2 Likes

Glad you’ve sorted it out and thank you for sharing with us.

Cheers!

Hi @designerken,

I have same problems. But after adding the function in the theme functions.php I only see the icon but I can´t enter the code. How you solve this problem?

Greetings

@DieEngelGmbH
Inspect your page and make sure that the javascript code for the form is being loaded. it should come immediately after the DIV with id="tco-under-construction-bypass". If your JS is not loading you have other problems. Hopefully the Theme.Co team will release an update with the fix soon, especially since I pointed them to where the issue is.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Thanks again for reporting, I have posted a follow up about this issue.

There is still no fix release for now but rest assured that our development team are looking into it.

Thanks for helping out @designerken.

I have literally no idea what this means! Is there a workaround for this that doesn’t involve editing the stylesheets? Layman here, after a quick fix!

x

Hi there @Mrs_E,

Unfortunately there isn’t a quick fix available, without editing the stylesheet/adding the code to a child themes functions.php.

We are aware of the issue though and will get a release out asap. In the mean time you should still be able to login if you directly visit your domain/wp-login.php such as example.com/wp-login.php

Thanks!

@Mrs_E

The workaround is to simply add this code to your child theme in your functions.php file:

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'dashicons_enqueue_frontend_dashicons' );

function dashicons_enqueue_frontend_dashicons() {

wp_enqueue_style( 'dashicons' );

}

And add this code to the “Custom CSS” in the theme customizer:

.dashicons-admin-network:before {
  content: "\f112";
}

But if you are worried about editing a stylesheet then I would wait for a fix to be released from Theme.co as editing your functions file can take your site down if improperly implemented.

Alternatively you can add this plug-in to your website which does essentially the same thing as adding to your functions.php file and would be better for a layman: https://wordpress.org/plugins/frontend-dashicons/

But you will still need to add the CSS to the customizer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.