Revolution slider above masthead in Ethos using child theme

Hi,

I followed the instructions from this post to get a revolution slider at the top of my recent posts page using a child theme.

It worked perfectly except the slider is below the masthead. Could you tell me how to get it above the masthead please?

Thanks!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, that’s an old post, when you say recent posts do you mean the Blog Index page?
You can assign a Above Masthead Slider on that page without customization. Open/edit the page and look for the Slider Settings: Above Masthead option.

Cheers!

Hi,

Its my front page displaying recent posts. Its not a static page so I do not have the option to open and edit it like other pages. I am not able to edit the page and add it in slider settings like any other page, that’s why I used a child theme and a template change.

It worked fine I just need some help re positioning it.

But I have worked it out now:

Just needed to add

<?php if(is_front_page()):?>
	<?php putRevSlider("front","homepage") ?> 
<?php endif; ?>

In the child themes wp-header.php file

Just above the line

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_topbar' ); ?>

Hi there,

Glad it’s okay now, and yes, index pages are archive pages that can’t be edited in the admin. It always requires template editing.

Thanks!

In Themes/Customize I’ve turned Post Slider on for blogs and for Archives, but it only appears on my Posts index page. Is there a radio button I can click somewhere that turns it on for all Post pages?

Hi there,

This option is not available out of the box for the Ethos stack but this is possible though some customization using the child theme.

You can then make use of the actions available in X to load up the carousel file in the header area of the site.

You should be able to find the post carousel file in:

/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/ethos

For more info, please check the customization page here:

Hope this will get you started.

Cheers!