Product Validation

Hey there.

So I’ve read through all the topics about Product Validation, but none of those helped me.
Here is my problem: my brother wanted to start a small ecommerce website a while back, but the website was never finished.
My problem: I’d like to use X for a new project, the old website is deleted.
I can’t seem to find the revoke-function for the license.
Is there any solution?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

​To validate X properly, do the following:
1] Please login to your account and assign the license. You need to assign the license to your site using this url: https://www.example.com/. You have to make sure that url you just assign is the same as the one you have in your settings, Settings > General > Site Address

If the license has been assigned already, please click the edit icon and replace the site url.

2] Go back to X > Overview, and insert the license again.

And please review the changes that we made on how you are going to validated your X theme because we made a big change in the process. Please check it out here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-product-validation/55

1 Like

Hey, thank you for your reply! This is exactly what I did, still, I get this message:

I’ve tried everything I could find regarding this issue but nothing seems to work.

Update (maybe this helps other people with Product Validation problems, too!):

The problem was that the website I had created in the past still had the X theme (and X-child-theme) activated, but a very old version of it, so I did not see the “revoke license” area. I’ve updated the theme (and X-child-theme) to the latest version. I logged into the admin panel of the website and there I had the “revoke license” button showing up now. I’ve then revoked the license and re-assigned it in the Themeco backend as stated in the documentation/this thread. However, it still says that the license seems to be used on another site (like in the previous screenshot I’ve attached)

Thanks for sharing this with the rest of the community!

No problem.
My licensing problem is still an issue though. I always get that message:
“Your code is valid but looks like it has already been used on another site. You can revoke and re-assign within your Themeco account.”

How can I validate the theme on my site? As of right now, I cannot use the theme which is really frustrating

Hi there,

I temporarily removed the domain from the production section of your license page. Now would you please kindly go to your Wordpress dashboard and do the validation again?

That should do the trick. If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hey, thanks for that.
It did not help though, I still get the same validation problem :confused:

Hello There,

Thank you for providing your site information. We have logged in and it seems that X/Pro Theme is not installed in your site. Did you happen to removed it?

Kindly let us now.

Hey, yes. My client could not wait any longer so I purchased another template and will use X on another project, whenever I need it.

Feel free to let us know when you get the same issue when you revalidate the license.

Thank you.