Product API Key

I am registering, and the link the to get my product API key is broken. The following instruction I am stuck at:

“Step 2: Get an API Key
Once you have registered for access to the member center, go generate your product API key under the “Licenses” section. This key is used for automatic updates (tutorial here).”

I have then gone to the Licenses Tab, and I can see my purchase key, but no further way to generate my API key.

Thank you for your help

Hi Greer,

Thank you for writing in, please navigate to your Licenses page the license code that you’re seeing there is the API key. Please add your live site and/or staging site URL in the corresponding fields.

Then proceed to your site Admin dashboard > Themes and activate the X theme then navigate to X > Validation and validate your site using the license code that you see on your Licenses page.

Product Validation

Hope that shed some lights,
Cheers!

Thanks for your reply.

I have entered and saved our URL in Production under Licenses. I have proceeded to hit the Validation link (X in dashboard). I have entered the API key (which is the same as the product license), and the following message displays:

“Could not establish connection. For assistance, please start by reviewing our article on troubleshooting connection issues.”

In the interim of your response, I have uploaded the new X theme to wordpress using Cyberduck FTP, and I now see the theme exists in my dashboard.

Please advise & thank you.

I have also written to our went host to investigate the ‘connection issues’, please response below:

I’ve done some research and it appears that your site is actually requesting a page that doesn’t exist or is incorrectly configured within the ‘X’ theme’s page.
We are getting a 404 page not found response from there server, everything on our end appears to be working correctly.

Please contact your plugin developers and advise them of this.

added &x-verbose=1 to the end of the request and the site showed the HTTP response:
array(1) {
[0]=>
array(6) {
[“headers”]=>
NULL
[“body”]=>
string(1592) "

Themeco Apex | Error (404) * { box-sizing: inherit; }
  html {
    font-family: Roboto, sans-serif;
    font-size: calc(10px + 1.25vw);
    font-weight: 400;
    line-height: 1.5;
    box-sizing: border-box;
  }

body {
    display: -webkit-flex;
    display: flex;
    -webkit-flex-flow: column nowrap;
            flex-flow: column nowrap;
    -webkit-justify-content: center;
            justify-content: center;
    -webkit-align-items: center;
            align-items: center;
    min-height: 100vh;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 2rem;
  }

h1,
  p {
    width: 100%;
    max-width: 21rem;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
  }

h1 {
    margin-top: 0;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    letter-spacing: -0.015em;
    line-height: 1.1;
    font-size: 2.5rem;
  }

p {
    margin-top: 1rem;
    margin-bottom: 0;
  }
</style>

Not found.

It seems as though the page you're trying to access does not exist or has been moved.

Please click the back button in your browser and try your action again.

" ["response"]=> array(2) { ["code"]=> string(3) "404" ["message"]=> string(9) "Not Found" } ["cookies"]=> array(0) { } ["filename"]=> string(0) "" ["http_response"]=> NULL } }

Hi Greer,

I check the site and the version of X and Cornerstone installed is outdated, that could be the reason why you cannot validate the Theme. I also see that you renamed the x folder to something, it is important to keep that folder named x so the Cornerstone can detect it.

Please delete the outdated X and Cornerstone on your site, you can then reinstall it by following the guide we provided here.

You can download the latest version of X (6.5.5) on the APEX Dashboard, then follow directly the Installing The Theme instruction in the link.

If you’re still having trouble installing the Theme, please provide us wp-login credentials and FTP credentials in a secure note, so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Thanks for this information. I have deleted and reinstalled X theme, and successfully registered X theme.

I have now tried to customize through Appearance>Themes>Customize, here I presume I can use live preview, however it displays a white screen with the following text: “The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.”

Please advise & many thanks.

I am happy to provide our login credentials for you to view our Wordpress and see if there are any other recommendations you can provide? (I.e. delete plugins that aren’t compatible etc.)

I am inexperienced with this, and once it is set up and easily customized, I am happy to continue using with ease.

Thank you

Hello Greer,

Thanks for updating in! I have checked your site and I can see that you are still using Cornerstone 1.0.6. Could you please update to the latest versions? Our latest versions are:
- X theme 6.5.6
- Cornerstone 3.5.5

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you - I have now updated Cornerstone

How do I clear all caches?

I am trying to begin customizing theme - it is displaying text in lieu of the original Revolution Slider plugin.

Can I assume that when I delete the old X theme, it also deleted the revolution slider plug in?

Hey Greer,

If you have installed caching plugins, you may need to clear the caches. If there is none, you can skip that part. The Revolution plugin is independent to the theme. When you remove the theme, the plugin will still be active or present on the page. You will need to deactivate the plugin in the Plugins section and remove the Revolution Slider shortcode if you have inserted it to a page.

Hope this helps.

I’m not sure what caching plugins are exactly - is there a way I can check this?

I have a feeling the Revolution Slider Plugin was quite old, as cannot search for it to re-add as plugin. This is okay as I can seek a new slider to install.

I can see the following code present on my pages: [vc_row inner_container=”true” padding_top=”0px” padding_bottom=”0px” border=”none”][vc_column fade_animation=”in” fade_animation_offset=”45px” width=”1/1″]. If there was once a basic grid that displayed my posts - would I simply need to install a new plugin to replace this?

On a seperate topic, may I confirm that it is okay to use Elementor to edit my posts? Cornerstone is activated, however I’m not sure if this is used to customize the theme, or if I should use it to edit my posts also.

Hello Greer,

The shortcode present in your pages were from WPBakery Page Builder. Please go to X > Validation > Extensions and install “Visual Composer” plugin. This is the page builder that was used to create your pages. You do not need Elementor to edit the page. You only need to install and use Elementor if you want to use to create the pages/posts from scratch. The existing pages/posts may have been using Visual Composer or Cornerstone if X theme is the theme that been used for your site since it was developed.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.