Problem with page editor after Theme update

Hello.
Page settings and Visual composer editor disappears after update to 5.1.1.
How to fix?

How to downgrade to 4.6.4 version?

Hi There,

The latest version compaitlble with X is 5.01

Please uninstal VC 5.11 and go to Wp Admin | X and install VC again.

You can see the latest compatible version at

Hope it helps

Under 5.1.1 I mean x theme version.
But I have unistalled VC , and installed it again.
Problem is still here. I will downgrade to 4.6.4 no problem version. How is it possible?

Hi There,

If you already updated your Wordpress to the latest version (4.8) chances are you’re still getting error even if you downgrade the Theme to 4.6.4.

If it is the case that you do have actually the latest Wordpress version, I suggest that you commit with the update. Just make sure your X theme is 5.1.1, Cornerstone is 2.0.6, and Visual Composer is 5.1.1. Refer here for the other extension compatible version.

Remember to clear all caches after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If you’re using CloudFlare (or any CDN services) please read the last question on our FAQ page.

Now if you really want to downgrade, you can download the stable version X 4.6.4 from the apex dashboard

Thanks,

With cornerstone 2.06 I have problems with installed plugin Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer.
I have uninstal VC 5.10 and in Wp Admin | X install VC again and version installed is 5.10 again
Where can I get visual composer 5.01?
When I install VC 5.01 problem with page editor will be fixed?

Hi there,

As I see you used the extensions page to install the visual composer, so that version will be the correct one as it will be our modified version. You do not need to go back to the previous version. We should check the case and see what the problem is happening for you.

Would you please kindly get back to us with the URL User Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the secure note functionality of the post and give us screenshots of the problem that you have experience? Kindly give us steps to reproduce the problem to follow up the case for your environment.

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, there is a wild “q” character on your Theme Options > JS, please remove it. And if you can, please remove entirely your custom JS, keep it in a text editor (notepad, sublime, etc.) and see if the issue resolve.

Another thing, I am seeing an error from travelpayouts, please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Cheers,

Thank you for your reply.

First i have cleared Custom Javascripts.
Then deactivate all plugins one by one.
Problem is still here.

Please help

Hi There,

I can see it is missing together with some options on the page. Though when I checked there’s no error on the console. Even cornerstone option is missing on the pages. You don’t have a caching plugin but libraries are still loading from cache. Can you try the previous steps suggested again but this time also check your hosting cache and clear it before trying again. Do let us know how this goes.

I never installed any cache plugin on this website.
I ask to clear cache HOSTING SUPPORT, but they ask me “which libraries are still loading from cache? How we can check it?”
What should I answer?

Hi there,

We’re not sure how their cache system works, but with their answer, it’s really about the caching which could be object related ( libraries ).

Can’t they purge/clear caches regardless of library? It’s much better to make sure all caches are cleared.

I checked it over and over even with disabled plugin but the editor is not really loading, there is no error, it’s just a text area instead of editor which means something is wrong with Wordpress core libraries due to cache.

Thanks!

Thank you for your answer.

The caching plugin “opcache” and the plugin “zend_guard_loader” were disabled in PHP build 5.5 of virtual hosting service.
Problem came after theme update and is still here

Hi there,

There is a problem with your installation, could be corrupted WP core files or the cache is still there, there is no way that I can verify if it’s really off. But attached is a video recording, I deactivated the X theme and all other plugins and still the same.

Hence, this isn’t related to any theme or plugin, the editor is not really working. Maybe you have updated your Wordpress as well, and the result is corrupted Wordpress?

Thanks.

Thank you very much for your answer. Please advice what I have to do to fix problem?

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Could you please re install the WordPress core? You may go to Dashboard > Updates and hit the “Re-install Now” button. After that, please clear your plugin cache and cache before your test your site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello. I have reinstall Wordpress. Page editor error is still here((

Hello There,

There seems to be a fatal error on the page which is why the page editor is not working. Could you please enable debug mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding define( 'WP_DEBUG' , true ); just above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail. And if possible, would you mind providing us the ftp details so that we can investigate further?

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello.

Thank you for your answer.

I enabled WP_DEBUG long enough to check, and it looks like your system is running out of memory:

It looks like you’re exceeding 256M which is pretty unusual. X doesn’t come close to using that much memory, even with Extensions enabled. Because it’s trigged in wp-db.php it’s could be an issue where a large WordPress query can’t be properly cached.

Regretfully, at this point we won’t be able to help troubleshoot further. X is working great on thousands of sites across a large amount of different hosting environments. As Rad mentioned earlier, something is wrong with your WordPress installation. I would advise contacting your host to see if they can help identify the bottleneck.

Hello. We have backup website. Reinstall Wordpress and restore website from backup. No success. Problem is still here((