Portfolio Pages Not Loading

I recently went through and updated plugins (Cornerstone included) and my theme. I noticed that My portfolio pages are no longer loading. It just shows the animation for loading.

I tried remaking a portfolio page to test, starting with regular content then selecting the portfolio template layout and nothing happened which I found odd. It just remained the template from before.

The same thing happened when I try to select a different template on one of the already portfolio pages. I changed the template added content in cornerstone which showed in the viewer fine, but then when I refresh the page it remains the portfolio page with the constant loading.

This wasn’t happening before and honestly not sure when it started. I just noticed it when I was testing pages after the cornerstone and template update.

I also noticed that it was very similar to this post: Cornerstone update broke Portfolio

Thanks!

Hi,

Can you provide us your site url so we can take a closer look.

For the mean time please try to clear your plugin cache and browser cache then check again.

Thanks

The url to the portfolio page is: http://arizonbuildingsystems.com/projects/

I am using W3 Total Cache and cleared the cache that way with nothing changing. I have temporarily disabled the plugin since when doing so the portfolio works. I remember following recommended settings for W3 Total Cache when installing (that was before Pro though so I don’t know if there are different recommendations with the new X theme), and everything was working previously with this plugin, so either an update on their end or something else might have caused the error. I will double check all the settings for the plugin today, but even when I set the portfolio pages to be pages that are never cached the problem still existed.

Is there a time that would work best for me to enable the plugin so you can see the error, but so that we don’t have that page down for the whole day?

Thanks!

Hi There,

Please follow our guidelines here when configuring W3 Total Cache (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-performance/210). The plugin is compatible with X & Pro.

Also check your PHP version running on your server and make sure to use version like PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid incompatibility issues.

Thanks!

I updated my PHP from 5.4 and reverted to the default setting for W3 Total Cache. After refresh the portfolio worked with the default settings. I then went through and changed them to the recommendations in the link you provided one by one to test. It turns out it is the Minify being enabled causing the problem. Even when using the settings in the recommendation link it shows the constant loading for the portfolio pages.

I will keep Minify disabled since this fixes the problem, but for my page speed score through Google, for mobile they recommend to Minify CSS for the Revolution Slider and Logo Carousel plugin I am using. Since there is only 2 plugins that are affected by not using Minify I am not too concerned though, but wanted to let you know in case there are others that have a lot more plugins who run into similar problems.

Thank you for your help!

Hey There,

It’s good to know that you have figured out the Minify setting is causing the issue. Please keep in mind that most of the JS and CSS files were already minified. Setting the plugin to minify will minify the already minified version of the JS and CSS and this is the reason for the issue. We do not recommend that you minify the files. You may combine these files instead.

If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.