Portfolio Filters Question

Hello,

My client has a couple of requests for the portfolio filtering that I need some assistance with, if there are possible at all. The site is built using the Ethos stack.

1. Can we remove the “Filter by Category” tab while keeping the actual category text?
  2. Can we change the order of the items in the category list. They are currently alphabetical and the client would like them in a specific order.

Thanks!
Dawn

Hello Dawn,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

1. If you just want to remove Filter By Category text, please add following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:
.x-index-filter-label {
    display: none;
}

2.To remove the Filter By Category tab, please use following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:

.option-set .x-index-filters {
}

3.To change the order, it will require some custom development work which falls outside the scope of support we can offer. However, I can tell you the file name and the file path that you can take a look and make the changes per your requirement. Under /wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/ethos/ please open _index.php and make the necessary changes.

Having said that, I suggest you to install and setup child theme before making any changes. You can use following resources to download and setup child theme.

Download Child theme from following source: https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Please take a look at following article to setup child theme:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57

Thanks.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try. I already have a child theme setup for the site.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I have just inserted the CSS code shown in #1 and #2, and the portfolio filters tab is still showing… will provide login so you can check what might be happening.

Thanks,
Dawn

Hello @isdg01,

Thanks for updating the thread and sharing the details.

Please replace previous code with following:

1. If you just want to remove Filter By Category text, please add following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:
.x-portfolio-filter-label {
}

2.To remove the Filter By Category tab, please use following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:

.option-set .x-portfolio-filters {
}

Thanks.

OK, that worked to remove the entire filter bar and category text, but it didn’t quite achieve what I was looking for. Is it possible to remove the bar but keep the categories, as shown in the example below?

Hi @isdg01,

Please add this CSS as well,

.option-set .x-index-filters-menu, .option-set .x-portfolio-filters-menu {
 display: block !important;
}

Hope this helps.

Yes! That is what I was looking for :slight_smile:
Thank you!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.