Portfolio font size is HUGE

Could anyone help me with figuring out why my portfolio font size may be so large? I have changed the H1 font size but I don’t want that to be the same for the Portfolio headings.

URL: https://softskillsfordesigners.com/portfolio/

Hello @mksubherw,

Thanks for writing in!

Your font sizes are bigger because you have added this custom CSS:

h2, .h2 {
    font-size: 40px !important;
}

Please remove the code to get your issue resolved.

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel,
Thanks for that! I also have my H1 and H3 hardcoded too.

1. Is there a setting to adjust the heading sizes besides me using hardcoding?
  2. If I remove my hardcode, is there a way to change the H2 size on pages vs. the portfolio page? I like 40px size for H2 on my pages, but not on the portfolio page.

Thank you!!

Hey @mksubherw,

1.) Currently, there’s no option to adjust the heading sizes besides hardcoding.
2.) If you want to change the heading sizes on the page, just go to the heading element settings and look at the format tab.

But if you want to change it globally, there are no current settings to do that.

On the other hand, if you want to customize your H2 headings on your portfolio page, you should use this selector.

.page-template-template-layout-portfolio h2, .page-template-template-layout-portfolio .h2 {
  // your CSS code here
}

Please note that custom CSS code is outside the scope of our support. Issues that might arise from the use of custom CSS code and further enhancements should be directed to a third-party developer or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Hope that helps.

Thank you! That’s exactly what I needed. One last question…

1. do you know why my portfolio ‘filter by category’ dropdown is so big?
  2. is there a way to make it open by default?

Hello @mksubherw,

1. do you know why my portfolio ‘filter by category’ dropdown is so big?

This is because you have added this code:

.cf:before, .cf:after {
   padding-top: 40px;
}

Please remove this code.

1. is there a way to make it open by default?

You might want to check out this old thread:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.