Portfolio Filter not working anymore

Hi, we just have installed the newest version, and now the Portfolio filter is not working anymore.

Can you help?

Thanks

Hi there,

I’m sorry you’re experiencing this. It’s a confirmed issue with the latest release. We are working on a solution for this. You can follow the status of this issue here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-3-1-x-7-1-cornerstone-4-1/66681

Thanks Alexander, how long do you think you need to fix that?

Hi @cytracon,

Sorry but we can not provide an estimated time, notations will be added when items are fixed.

Thanks,

Filtering in Integrity also doesn’t work :frowning:

Hello Tomasz,

Thanks for updating this thread.

We have just rolled out the latest version. Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:
- X theme 7.1.2
- Cornerstone 4.1.2

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

@RueNel

Running Pro (3.1.2) with Integrity stack, no filters are appearing.

We are testing on a local environment so not able to give any access.
Simple page wtih portfolio template chosen, 3 categories added. The portfolio items appear in grid but there is no filter.

Seems like this is the issue with using the custom headers in Pro, since _landmark-header.php is no longer called?

Hi @designerken,

I tested the case on my local installation and could not recreate the problem that you are describing. I followed the steps below:

• I made sure that I use the version 3.1.2 of the Pro theme.
  • I went to Pro > Design Cloud and installed the Agency site.
  • I went to Pro > Headers and added a header and assigned it to the whole website to make sure that the header is a Pro generated one.
  • I added a new page and used the Layout - Portfolio page template and check the front end.
  • The result was correct and it showed all the categories and filters worked with no problem.

I’m afraid you will need to move your website to a server of some kind and share the information with us to be able to see the case and follow up.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi @christopher.amirian

I have a new install of WP and Pro.

My steps to recreate:

• I made sure that I use the version 3.1.2 of the Pro theme.
  • I made sure to use the latest child-theme for Pro theme.
  • I went to Pro > Templates and installed the Starter pack.
  • I went to Pro > Headers and added a header from template (Left Logo) and assigned it to the whole website to make sure that the header is a Pro generated one, and changed the inline-menu to primary.
  • I added a new page and used the Layout - Portfolio page template and check the front end.
  • I created 5 portfolio items, and created 5 portfolio categories, and assigned those items to the categories.
  • The result was the same as my previous post and it showed no categories and/or filters.

Hello @designerken,

Please be advised that the Portfolio Filter is a landmark header which is part of the default header. As soon as you created your custom header and use it as your global header, the default header will be replaced including the portfolio filter. You may need to add the landmark header again in your custom header by using a shortcode. Please check out this thread:

Hope this explains your issue briefly.

Yup, like I mentioned in my original post. Thanks for the workaround, there are a fe drawbacks to doing it that way, least of which is a special header just for the portfolio page.

Theme.co should probably address the fix for those using the header builder.

Probably a good case point to remove portfolio from the core to add it as a extension.

You’re welcome, @designerken.

I’d just like to add that alternatively, you can use either one of the bundled grid plugins as they both have a filter option. Please see the items below:

Hope that helps.

@christian_y

Adding more plug-ins to do something that is already in X/Pro is a poor workaround. IMHO

My previous post still stands. Fix the issue for use with pro header and/or remove functionality from core.

Hi @designerken,

Here’s a better alternative.
[x_portfolio_filters] was added as a shortcode. You can add it to a content area element and it will output the filters on a portfolio page. It will still use stack styling and may require some custom CSS to get it looking just right depending on how you end up placing it in the bar. This is more of a stopgap solution until we make a new blog/portfolio system later on.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.