New cornestone

I just updated theme and cornerstone. Let’s see how things will go. Many problems must be in there. Will update. 6/10/18

Hi there, the honeymoon with Xtheme + cornestone is about to go to a divorce…
Well, here are the problems:
a) blank new page - does not launch cornestone;
b) woocommerce stuff - seeable in the visual space, but not in real life;
c) the new cornerstone stuff does not render at all - the “classic” stuff works as expected; simple stuff like headline - you write, but it does not show in the visual space (and of course it does not show in real life).
Since I am here… how can I have this shop?
Thank you as always.
Great customer service., but the whole thing is getting on our nerves :slight_smile:

Please, don’t ruin the beatiful xtheme + cornestone with a gazillion thing. The odds to be in conflict with other stuff is greater and greater. We can’t spend the whole day figuring out things. I never had second thought with xtheme + cornestone. Until lately…

Thank you for your great service. This is is the last piece of Xtheme that works great.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

a.) You might have disallowed post/pages from being able to edit with Cornerstone. Please go to X > Settings >Permissions > General and make sure that it is enabled. To know more about the Permissions manager in the latest release, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/permissions/32879/1

b.) Please clarify further. Be advised that the shop page cannot be edited with Cornerstone.

c.) To better assist you with this issue, please provide us access to your site.

d.) The shop you wanted is using Ethos stack. Please install WooCommerce and set Ethos as your stack. Please keep in mind that you cannot mixed up two stacks in your site. The pages/posts and your shop page will use one stack from your settings X > Theme Options > Stack. You cannot have integrity for your pages/posts while having ethos stack in your shop page.

Hope this helps.

It does not link the page with the content.
Admin had already cornerstone for pages and everything.
I have also tested for plugin conflict.
anyway… one more day dealing with cornerstone…
Thank you for your help.

Yes, I use Ethos. And the shop page is not the same.
You can’t see the page because cornerstone is not pulling any content, but pls check afterwords.

The problem can’t be the settings. It’s not just a matter of not seeing inside cornerstone. It is not fetching the content in DB and the real site is broken.I have deleted the plugin and uploaded again.

Hi Glauber,

Please consider that there are more than 1000 installations using the new version of the theme and the Cornerstone and there is no problem. There might be a conflict on your installation which is what we want to find out.

I want to make this crystal clear that this might take time and that is why if your business is hurting regarding this we strongly suggest that you restore a backup of a previous version and have a staging website with the new version so that we can make sure whatever we do will not ruin the website itself.

I went to your website and added a new test page and while trying to access the Cornerstone I have this error:

You will need to follow up with the recommendation I gave about moving your website to a staging server and follow the steps below:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

If you still have problems please get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your staging website to follow up the case.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

This is frustrating. I follow a recommendation back to another ticket, that the problem was outdated plugin and theme. I do the recommendation, and nothing helps, and breaks everything.

the conflict is with the theme

cornerstone works with WP themes.

On a separate note: Look the image attached. I am trying to write a text, and when I create a separation with hifen to create a line or just hifens, it makes them bold. This message has been altered to stop the strong font. Now just in the image.
Xtheme and cornerstone need to be more careful with coding.

anyway, what to do when we have a theme conflict.

Trying to find the compatibility problem, and cornestone is not tested for current WP version…

I am going to ask for help in the Envato front end. I am sorry, while I understand you have dozen of people asking for help at the same time, there must have a priority.

I am using a mild older version of xtheme, and still same problem. The 2016 - cornerstone works properly.
If cornerstone cannot work well with multiple versions of its own theme… we are in trouble.

So I rolled up back with theme and plugin that was working before, and site is broken. Damn…
These are the errors. When your theme and your plugin cannot work together… we have a very serious problem.

See message.

It does not matter the amount of people using. It matters that people are complaning about xtheme and cornerstone all around the net nowadays. It was from the beloved theme and plugin to what it is now.
You can fight with me. It will not help us.

Somehow, it turns a full width into 1/3
The images are for the 2 different sites with the problem, one for eath, but thy reproduce the same error

So the wp-config : define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);
But it turnes the two errors in columns. I don’t know what else can be allowing to post the errors.
What a nightmare.

You can’t see the developer tools, but this is hilighting part of the php error, that became a column, and not a a row on top on top of site as we are used to.
This is for the root site. But …/automation has the same problem. Other sites in teh network are fine.
It does not matter if parent or child theme.

And cornerstone was the only plugin on. Not anymore. It makes no difference. Whatever was made in cornestones is pushed to a corner column at the far right.

And finally cornerstone is not giving the link to delete. I just understood and the versions work betwen xtheme and cornerstone. I was trying to find a pair, but now cornestone does not give the link to delete.

Hi Glauber,

We understand your prostration, but this issue is happening because you’ve update either the WordPress, X, or Cornerstone but not the other, and it is causing an incompatibility issues.

Your version of X (5.0.1) and Cornerstone 3.0.4 is not compatible. The bundle Cornerstone of X (5.0.1) is Cornerstone 2.0.1, what you have now is Cornerstone 3.0.4.

So it seems you updated the Cornerstone but not the X.

You can easily get the bundle version of Cornerstone of your current X on that link I provided below. Deactivate and delete your current Cornerstone (3.0.4), and install that (2.0.1)

Now, this is the tricky part because you have the latest WordPress (4.9.6), you need to update the X and Cornerstone to its latest versions as well (X 6.1.6 / Cornerstone 3.1.6).

You have two options here, 1) you contact your hosting and request to restore your site from the date before the WordPress has updated. Then do not update anything on your live site.

Or 2) you update everything (WordPress 4.9.6, X 6.1.6, Cornerstone 3.1.6), this is how it is, if the Wordpress release an update the themes (any themes) and plugins (any plugins) will follow to make it compatible with that new version of Wordpress.

What we advise here is you do the option 1, then duplicate your site on a developmental server and do the option 2. This way your live site will restore to its normal state, while you do the updating on the developmental server. Since this is a major update, it is understandable that few things will need adjustment/fixing, if you are not comfortable doing this, please hire a developer to help you on this.

- How to Clone a WordPress Site
- Updating WordPress
- Updating Your Themes and Plugins
- Latest Version Compatibility

If you have any caching and/or optimizer feature (plugin, server-side, CDN) on your site, please deactivate those for now. at this stage, those features will only do bad than good on the site.

Thank you,

Hi,

First of all we did not abandoned your question. The tickets are ordered and answered from oldest to newest.
I can see you have posted an answer 10 times and on each answer this thread goes to the end of the line. That is what my colleague means by bumping the thread.

Anyway glad to know you were able to fix the problem.

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

No, it was not fixed, sir. I just rolled back and lost 4 days of work. Fun, fun fun. I have a new ticket about the specific problem that is between WP version, theme and cornerstone.
If I responded several times, I was just trying to help to debug with every new discover, that came to the new ticket.
Now I understand what people have been saying about Xtheme. I couldn’t understand 6 months ago. It made no sense.
You can close this ticket.