My Site Is Not Working After Updating Cornerstone (this is my individual thread)

Hi there I posted twice in this other thread:

In it one of your staff said to open an individual thread and describe the issue and provide login details (securely) …

So my site is quaysideboard,com and what happened was this:

1. I updated cornerstone the other day.
  2. I went to edit a page and try out the new cornerstone system.
  3. When I went in it looked like my old content was appearing fine.
  4. As a test I proceeded to add a new section with text and image element.
  5. I noticed that the live previews of the new things I added weren’t visible. Instead what I saw was grey boxes on everything with icons on them. No text, no image.
  6. I saved the page, it said “awesome” saved.
  7. When I went to the live site and checked this page there was nothing new on the page. I ended up repeaing this process on several other pages and posts. Same issue.

So to recap 2 major issues at play:

1. Previews on new stuff in cornerstone not working.
  2. Saving in cornerstone does not work at all.

What I did recently was restore the site to the old version so it can load and we can update the site. Unfortunately the client cannot have their site stop working (ie. unable to update) again. So is it possible for you guys to provide a fix for us to try on our end instead of me proving login credentials?

Please help. Thanks.

3 Likes

I’ve just created a brand new site and I’m having the same issue. There are no plugins other than what comes with X. Has anyone gotten back to you regarding this issue?

1 Like

Same issue for me, fresh install.
New pages built in cornerstone display only header and footer.

While waiting for fix I’ve imported text shortcodes, which appear correctly on live site but cannot be edited in cornerstone (they dont appear in preview).
If you’re desperate, you could run a separate, unverified install of X, create pages on the old cornerstone, then copy paste the shortcodes across. Its dirty, but needs must…

I too would prefer a rollback until issue fixed :confused:

I am having the same problem after updating Cornerstone. Please rollback as I am unable to create any posts.

1 Like

@keds2300 @hix @leewb - when they first got back to me in the other thread one of the staff told me to update cornerstone. They released 1 or 2 updates immediately following this fiasco. But those updates didn’t fix the issue. They also recommended clearing cache and turning cache plugins off - also didn’t fix the issue.

So they told me to do this (make a new “individual thread” and describe my issue) but the part I don’t understand is how they can possibly expect to get login details for everyone’s site and fix them one at a time. It’s not a scaleable solution …

I hope their team will be able to figure out what the issue is and tell everyone how to fix it (or just fix the issue via an update). The only thing that allowed me to get back to working on the site was restoring my site from an older backup and NOT updating cornerstone …

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve created my own thread and for the time being, I’m using Visual Composer.

Hi Guys,

We’re just recommending each user to start their thread for security reason. The login credentials or any sensitive information should stay secured and must be added to a secure note. Plus, there are many contributing factors why the builder aren’t loading properly and we need to check them one at a time.

Please provide your site’s URL and login credentials in a secure note, in your created thread and we’ll investigate the issue.

As for the updates, it’s common to have a bit of issue when it comes to major updates since a lot changed. There will have gaps in terms of functionalities and features. With this, we always recommend testing the update in staging site (a cloned version of your live site). It’s really a bad practice, even a webmaster will not do that on a stable site. We, of course, released updates as it’s the only way for users to test and use them in the development process.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.