Live Preview No Longer Working After Updating Cornerstone

Hello,
I recently updated Cornerstone plug-in to Version 2.1.0 and ever since Live Preview no longer works.

I am using WordPress 4.8.2 running X – Child Theme theme.

I tried disabling third-party plug-ins, adding memory, didn’t seem to work.

My site is located at: wwww.HomewardBoundAZ.org.

Could anyone please help with another solution?

I can provide login credentials in a secure note.

Hey,

Check if you`re using the current version of the X too - that’s the 5.2. If the issue persists, provide to us your login credentials in a secure note.

I am having the same exact same problem. Both the X Theme and Cornerstone were updated on one of my sites. I will not update the others until I know there is a resolution to this problem. Please post resolution on this page.

@AXAmg John’s solution above fixed it for me.

Hi @AXAmg,

Could you please create a new topic with website URL and login credentials so we can take a closer look?

Thanks.

Glad it worked :slight_smile:

I did create a new topic but it got buried. Should I create another one?

I’m having the same issue. Element previews do not show up in the live preview in cornerstone after updating today. Can someone help or post a fix for this? Thanks.

@thai I created a new topic here, but no one has responded from Themeco. Can you look into it, please? Here is the link to the NEW TOPIC with secure note attached.

Hello There,

Please update to the latest versions of Cornerstone.

Please let us know how it goes.

We are having the same issue for Mac staff users on Chorme - they can see and edit on Firefox - but not on Chrome browser. - Todd

Should note - everything is up to date - cache cleared - on server and Couldflare - Chrome works on PC fine. Seems to be MAC & Chrome browser issue.

UPDATE: Now Mac users also seeing issues on Firefox - preview does not load.

PLEASE RETURN TO OLDER VERSION OF CORNERSTONE! We updated to 2.1.2 and then today to 2.1.3 and it is a nightmare. nothing shows up , can’t save, elements do not appear - simply unable to work on multiple sites - loosing money here …please put up the old 2.1.1 version so we can work while you work on making this update actually workable. thank you.

1 Like

Just came by to say that THIS UPDATE S****. Glad I have a copy of the plugin and returned to the old version of it.

Hi Guys,

First of all, we recommend keeping Cornerstone and X updated to the latest versions, although we are still fixing minor bugs, it should be working fine on your installation and not drastically failing as you describe.

If you want us to help figuring out what is wrong on your installation, please each of you open a individual thread, explain the situation you are facing in details and provide your login credentials in a secure note.

If perhaps you prefer to downgrande you can download the stability release

You can download it from your Apex Dashboard, the link is just below the theme download link

https://theme.co/apex/dashboard

To downgrade it, please follow these steps :

1-Revoke your License from WP Admin > X section and also remove it from your license page on Themeco.

https://theme.co/apex/licenses

2- Temporary disable any caching plugins and purge all your server cache.

3- Delete both X theme (/wp-content/themes/x) and Cornerstone plugin (/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone) by connecting to your FTP (your settings will be saved in the database)

4- Download the stability copy of X and upload it to your themes folder via FTP OR you can upload the x.zip via Appearance -> Themes section.

5- The previous version of Cornerstone will be installed automatically when you head over X tab of your dashboard. Now you try validating your X theme again and then try to install any other extension and it should function properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

We are taking up to 24h to reply, so please bare with us.

1 Like

Thanks @Joao , this really saved my business. just a PS: This version of Cornerstone that is downloaded automatically doesn’t have the “Angle in / Angle out / Curve in / Curve out” feature, and I really need that. Which version has it and is still compatible?

EDIT:
Managed to upgrade theme to v5.1.0 and Cornerstone to v2.0.6, which has the feature I mentioned. And now it’s working the way it should. This should be the version you guys stayed with, that update was a complete mess.

Hello,

Please, I will ask that the people that`s having this trouble, create a separated thread with your website link and WP credentials - this way, we can answer it better and solve each issue separately.

Sincerely,
John T.