Make Hamburger Menu default

Hi!
Ok question. My client would like the menu to be similar to www.drumeo.com
So, a default hamburger menu and a couple items to the left.
How would you suggest approaching this while still retaining your theme?
Thanks!

Hi there,

It would be best to use Pro for this as it would be quite straightforward to build using the Header Builder.

You will just need to add some items to a bar container then add a Navigation Collapsed element which will give you the burger icon that will launch and off canvas menu.

Hope this helps you get started.

Hmmm, in our case the website (drumchannel.com) is using X and is highly customized. Switching to Pro would probably be too large of an overhaul at this moment. Any other suggestions?

Hi again,

In X you can display the burger menu in all screen resolutions with Superfly or Ubermenu extension which you can find under Dashboard > X section. To learn more about these extensions please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-superfly/73 and https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-ubermenu/75

If you’re interested in X native solution then you can add the following code in the Theme Options > CSS to display the burger menu in all screen resolutions:

@media screen and (max-width: 1300px) {
  a.x-btn-navbar {
    display: block;
    float: right;
  }

nav.x-nav-wrap.desktop {
    display: none;
  }
  .x-nav-wrap.mobile:not(.x-collapsed) {
    display: block !important;
  }
}

For additional header content you can use Topbar via Theme Options > Header > MISCELLANEOUS, you need to turn on the Topbar first and then add your content in Topbar Content.

Hope this helps!

Ok great. I tried superfly but it just spit out a bunch of unhappy code (text) where the menu should be. I’ll give this a shot…

Let us know what works for you or if you need further help.

If you don’t want the extra code of the plugin, please try the native solution within X by using custom CSS.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.