Main menu customization

Hello,
Always learning to use X…
I am trying to customize the main menu but I can’t see any options anywhere.
I suppose some CSS code must be added? Would it be possible with Pro? Or maybe a third party plugin could make it?
I’d like to have a menu like the one on this website: http://www.jasonbellphoto.com
Thanks for your help!

Hey Alessandro,

X offers a side header (composed of a logo and menu) option to achieve something like our Integrity 8 demo. That option is in Theme Options > Header > Navbar > Navbar Position.

Alternatively, you can use the SuperFly plugin which is bundled in X. For more details, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-superfly/73

We don’t have the exact menu effects like your sample site. It might be possible with custom development but that would be outside the scope of our support.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Christian-y for your answer.
I am quite disappointed with the poor, actually non-existing possibilities to change the menu behavior and appearance.
SuperFly is very limited too.
Writing some CSS code (which is very time-consuming for a beginner like me) can be fun, but I bought X theme precisely to avoid that.
IMHO you should not advertise this theme with phrases like “endlessly customizable” because that’s not true.

You’re welcome, Alessandro. I’m sorry I forgot to mention that you can also use UberMenu. It offers more options. For more details, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-ubermenu/75.

We also appreciate your feedback. The phrase however is true. You really could customize your site endlessly. That does not mean though the everything is supported. That is not the meaning of the phrase. For example, the menu in your sample site is not good for user experience. Slight flick of the mouse and the menu moves making it hard to click. Our products were designed with best design and development standards and it’s possible that such menu interface like your sample site was not added into the product because it could cause user experience issues.

There are also times where a little custom code is needed and we can help with that. What you’re looking for however is menu behavior changes. The customizable phrase holds true to achieve that but this time, this requires complex coding and user development knowledge is required.

Thanks.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
I agree with you only partially. I think it’s not up to you to decide what’s good or bad for user experience, otherwise you (the Staff) limit the endless customization freedom that you advertise.
Being able to change at least the appearance of the menu is an important feature and it is missing, that’s it.

Anyway, back to the main topic: I am trying to get round the problem somehow and I will post the solution if I happen to find it: maybe it can help other users.
Thanks again for your help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Take care!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.