Limited Mailchimp Lists

Hello dear staff, I’m really happy with X except for this recurring problem. I feel frustrated it keeps happening. I lost clients and work connections over this. So please can you help me fix this?

I don’t remember how we solved it last time… but again I’ve been spending lots of time with you guys and MC. Maybe because of a new update it’s now a mess again? I don’t know.

So… Here we go again.

I can only add up to… say… about 20 (?) Mailchimp mailinglistnames to my Mailchimp integration. Then, when I add (say) nr 21, the first mailinglistname falls off the list of mailinglistnames. This is because I can only attach to X a max amount of mailinglists.

Mailchimp says: “It seems like Theme X might have a 20 list limit when viewing MailChimp lists.”

Unfortunate I can not choose which lists are attached to X, so that means: if I added lately 5 new mailinglists to Mailchimp, the integration in X (after refresh) will add those 5 new mailinglistnames to the list. That means that 5 older mailinglistnames fall off the list. And the sign up form that was attached to it, then get randomly assigned to another list. Now, you can imagine the confusion!

Please dear staff, every time this happens again and I am so tired of it… please can you solve this for me? I’ve been over and over on this topic again. I forgot what we found as a resolution. I cannot trace it back.

Kindly,
Mrs X

PS i want to provide my login details without having them shown public. how can i do that?

Hi there,

The problem you are experiencing is not related to our theme or the Email Form plugin which I suspect you use for this purpose.

Please consider that we use the MailChimp API to get the list and here is what we use:

Now for your case, mailchimp imposes a limitation and that is what the plugin gets only 20 items.

You need to contact Mailchimp and ask them to help you with this.

If you want to give us private information you can use the Secure Note functionality of the post.

Thank you.

Hello dear, ty for the reply. I contacted mailchimp and they do not impose a limit. They told me it was my theme. And you guys have told me this before too, that it is Theme X which imposes a limit. It needs to be fixed in the code.
(I also was told by Theme X before that it was mailchimp but it isn’t. I just contacted them a again a few weeks ago. they do not impose a limit). Please help me fix this! :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I checked the code of the Email Forms plugin and there is no limitation on the listing count. I am not sure if it depends on the server settings or not.

Would you please kindly get back to us with the necessary information which we can add to the Email Form on our installation to check the case with your MailChimp account?

That way we can test if this is something which is happening in your installation or not.

Thank you.

Hello yes please! :slight_smile: but can you specificy what is necessaary info?

First of all, please confirm that you use Email Forms plugin. That is what I am talking about as that is the only plugin we have that connects to Mailchimp.

So to connect the Email Forms to Mailchimp we will need the information below:

You can give us the API Key privately using the Secure Note functionality of the post.

For more information about the Email Forms Plugin:

Thank you.

Ok thank you
yes I am using that email forms plugin of theme X

Hi there,

You are using an old version of the plugin and we do not support that much of an old codebase.

You need to backup your website completely and update the theme to version 5.2.5 and the Cornerstone to version 2.1.7.

After that, you need to go to X > Overview menu and install the Email Forms plugin.

The plugin version should be 2.0.3. Thank you.

sorry i check the link but it’s a lot of info. it says i can update automatically, but i need to be registered / validate as a user and i am registered/ validated as far as i know. so how do i update automatically? PS see for login details the hidden note above

Hi There,

You are using a fairly old version of X and our validation system has been updated since.

Considering this you will need to perform a manual update at this time only.

Please back-up your website as jumping from version 4.01 to 5.25 might bring some issues (or not!) - anyway, for the future we do recommend you to update your website periodically.

So at this time, you will :

1- Create a backup of your website.

2- Access your site via FTP and delete X from wp-content/themes/ and Cornerstone from wp-content/plugins.

3- Install the latest version of X on wp-content/themes/ ; Cornerstone will be automatically installed.

4- Access your Themeco lincesense page and enter the URL of your site in the respective license.

https://theme.co/apex/licenses

5- Enter the License number on WP Admin > X

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

1 Like

Ok thanks. It is going to take a while since i have to also move my website because the provider changed servers. Now, just one question: i have all kinds of personal settings and changes in the code. will they move along???

Hi There,

The standard in WP is to NEVER altered your parent theme code. For that, there is the Child Theme.

If you have made changes directly on your theme files you will lose it.

If you made your changes via Wp Admin Dashboard or Child Theme, your changes will be kept.

Hope it clarifies.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I am almost done with the update. A few Q’s:

1. I want to add custom code in the customizer “custom” section and I see the field is a green square now, but when I copy paste my code in it, I see nothing appearing. Help? I want to add a screenshot of this situation of how it appears to me, but I cannot add a screenshot here.
    I also have extra CSS in the “extra CSS” section of the customizer but that automatically took the code from my old version of X, so I do not need to fill in anything here apparently.

2. It all seems to work, but I did not have to enter my validation key. Is that correct? (I also did not find where I could enter my validation key. not on the home page of X in my dashboard.)

3. Also, cornerstone did not install automatically (but i never use it) Is this a problem?

4. My mailchimp lists are still limited to a certain amount that means that if I create a new one, the oldest one will fall of the list and thus my optin forms for that list will no longer link to the right mailinglist (but connect with another mailinglist). Please can you still help me with my original question of this post to change my code and set the limited nr of 20 lists free.

If you want to log in my website, to see it, see my secure note above. :slight_smile:

Hi there,

1. You need to add the Custom CSS to X > Launch > Options > CSS in the new version:

1. Go to X > Overview menu if you see the green padlocks you are good to go and need no further action:

1. Go to X > Overview wait for few seconds and then go to Plugins menu and you will see the Cornerstone installed. Activate it please as even if you do not use it is important to have it installed and activated.

2. Please go to Plugins menu and deactivate and delete the Email Forms. Then go to X > Overview, scroll down to see the Email Forms and install it again.

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

Hello dear staff,
I made threads for the other subjects. But concerning the original: Why do i need to de-install and install my email forms? This problem exists from way before the new version and installation. Please re-read my original question.
I have about a zillion optins and they are spread over my website, which is very extended with pages, blog posts, widgets, products and more. It’s a few days work to just “de-install my email forms”, so I’m not going to do that just like that.
I have been through this issue before with the staff and I have been advised all kinds of things before, so I’m not willing to go with trial and error on this one, just de-install and install. I know THIS is not the solution to my problem. I know you guys need to change something in the code.

The problem is that your email plugin “randomly” selects the most recent (about) 20 lists from my Mailchimp, and gives these 20 lists as an option to connect to an optin / email form. I have about 50 lists on my mailchimp and some I use for the optin on my website, but not neccessarily the most 20 recent ones. That means that I cannot connect my optin to list nr 21. It “falls off the boat”. (I do not use all my 50 mailchimp-lists for optins, some are other lists which are not connected to my website).
So every time I create a new list in Mailchimp, either for optin or for something else, and I refresh in the email plugin visible lists from mailchimp, I only get to see the newest 20 ones. And nr 21 disappears. Which is a disaster because nr 21 is connected to an optin form. And so on.

If necessary, Login details are provided above in another reply.

Please, let me know.
Kindly, Mrs X

Hey There,

We have carefully check and tested this issue and we can confirm that only twenty is loaded. It’s probably that our code is setting count=20 or the library we’re using does only display 20 items in the lists. We’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it. Once they’ll have it fixed, a new release update will be rolling out. Please watch out for in Automatic Updates.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Thank you!!!
I hope something will change. I lost clients and workconnections over this, who got on the wrong mailing list and spammed with a whole automation system. And I lost a lot of time over this.

Last… Can I change it myself in my code somewhere?

Thank you!

Hi There,

We are still investigating the issue and analyzing what might be causing the issue.

Thanks for understanding.

Hello guys,

I’m quite upset with how things are being handled. This thing has been going on for months now. I lost clients and I lost time. I think you guys should pay me for the programming work + cover for my lost clients + cover my lost time of my company. I just did some digging and it took me 2 hours to find your bug. That opposed of the time you guys have spend not getting back to me before or not addressing this issue. Not only that, I get wrong answers: like de-install and re-install my MC! Imagine if I’d done that.

On top of it, your answers are taking long. And then developers who cannot find the issue… I’m quite upset.

I counted the amount of lists exactly now.The amount of lists is set to 25 max. Not 20.
I looked into the code (of an old version of X)

So we need a limit of 25

And I see there’s that happening. Only when I change the code to limit=2500 in the 2 files below, it STILL doesn’t give me more than 25 lists. Is there another limit of 25 that I missed??

CODE

LISTS.PHP
Limit of 25:

public function getList($filters=array(), $start=0, $limit=25, $sort_field=‘created’, $sort_dir=‘DESC’) {
$_params = array(“filters” => $filters, “start” => $start, “limit” => $limit, “sort_field” => $sort_field, “sort_dir” => $sort_dir);
return $this->master->call(‘lists/list’, $_params);
}

}

I found some other limits also set to 25…

GOAL.PHP
Again the limit of 25:

public function events($list_id, $email, $start=0, $limit=25) {
$_params = array(“list_id” => $list_id, “email” => $email, “start” => $start, “limit” => $limit);
return $this->master->call(‘goal/events’, $_params);
}