Inline CSS & Bloated Code

Hello,

I am working on SEO for my site. Based on other forum posts I understand that X theme will always have some inline CSS based on the customizer function.

What I am trying to figure out is why there is so much CSS around my content. Simple sections and rows have so much inline CSS. How can i eliminate this?

1 Like

credentials

Hello Jason,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked your website and couple of other pages and don’t see inline CSS. Usually inline CSS will showup when you enter the CSS under Customize > Setup > Inline CSS. However, you will see page specific CSS and that’s because when you design the page layout using Cornerstone and it’s element, those changes are specific to that page and Cornerstone automatically creates the underline shortcodes and corresponding CSS.

However, as the goal is to have a better presence on Search engines, I suggest you to take a look at following thread wherein I have shared some inputs and easy to follow but essential principles that will help you have better presence on Search Engines.

Thanks.

Thank you for the in depth response. I have viewed some of the things you sent over and appreciate it.

So is the only way to eliminate this on page css to remove cornerstone and create external style sheets or something?

I am trying to optimize my site and in google speed insights, it is stating to remove CSS in above-the-fold content. If this on page CSS must remain how can we relocate this below the fold?

Hi,

You can install and activate W3 Total Cache. The plugin will do it for you.

Please refer to the link below for more information.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.