Cornerstone and X Theme Options not loading

Hello, I updated to X 6.3.4 and Cornerstone 3.3.4. I see similar threads but no solution. I tried all suggestions.

The Cornerstone editor will not load. X Theme options preview page will not load.

I use Contact Form 7. I see in release notes there is sometimes a conflict. Is this the issue? I tried to deactivate Contact Form 7 and cleared cache but did not work.

I need to edit pages. Any work around until this issue is resolved?

Best regards

1 Like

Having the same issue. Just updated Cornerstone to 3.3.4 and X 6.3.4 can’t edit anything.

1 Like

Hi John,

I’m sorry you’re running into this issue. Could you try updating to Cornerstone version 3.3.5? It includes a few more adjustments to help with the preview system. Let us know how that goes.

If you’re still having issues, could you please share WordPress admin and FTP credentials? You can do this in a secure note. It would help us get a better idea of what is going wrong.

Warren, if you wouldn’t mind, could you open a new topic? This way we can make sure you get a resolution as well.

Thanks!

Did the update. No change.

I don’t think the problem you’re having is quite the same thing. I’ve replied on the topic you opened.

I just did the update for cornerstone and x theme but no change. I was able to determine if I disable W3TC the editor works.

Attached is the chrome developer tool error message.

Hello @JNLinn,

I have logged in to your site and investigated your issue. It turns out that it was because of caching. You have installed W3 Total Cache and enabled the minify feature of the plugin. I have temporarily disabled the plugin and Cornerstone preview is loaded without any issues at all.

Please keep in mind that after every theme or plugin updates, you must clear all your plugin caches and site caches so that the latest version of the code will be used and not the cached version. If something is wrong, you can always test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please check your site now.

I already indicated I determined disabling W3TC allowed cornerstone to load.

Are you saying I cannot use W3 Total Cache anymore with the latest version of cornerstone?

If so, that is a major issue since it will decrease the performance of the website.

Hi John,

Please enable js minify settings then exclude the theme js files from being minified by the W3 Total Cache, those files are already minified so there is no need for minifying it again.

wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/admin/huebert.js

Please clear the entire W3 Total Cache and the browser’s cache on your end after.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.