How to use Gap element in Pro

Hi there,

I have started using Pro for the first time and trying out a few of the elements in the content builder.

One thing that has stumped me so far is the Gap element.

I can drag it onto a page, but as soon as I do, it disappears. Also, it doesn’t seem to have any effect. No gap is introduced.

The element is there, I confirm this by switching the view to show the layout structure of the page.

To check I wasn’t going mad, I tried using a Classic Gap and it worked fine.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Can you provide some more detailed instructions on how to use the new Gap element?

Thanks in advance.
Dan

My environment…

Fresh install of WordPress 4.8.2

Pro v1.2.3

Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have tried using the Gap element on the latest version of Pro and it seems to work fine and there is a visual representation but kindly try this suggestion:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for getting back to me.

See attached screenshot.

I have definitely included the Gap element, but when I switch view to see the page builder, it isn’t there.

Have tried changing the background of the section. No success.

A bit stumped at this point…

I tried setting the background colour of the section, row and column to transparent (as well as a few random colours)…

Unfortunately this hasn’t worked.

It isn’t a beta version of pro, it is a full licensed version.

To be absolutely certain, I just created a completely fresh/blank install on a fresh virtual machine… same result…

Still experiencing the same issue: the new Gap element disappears as soon as you drag it onto the page builder.

Hi,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hi Paul,

Thanks for looking into this.

I am working in a local development environment, thus there is no way for your to login.

Hi,

We could not replicate this issue in our end so it is something in your set-up that is causing this.

Can you please double check that you have the following version numbers

You could also try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!