Pro 1.2.2 - Gap element has no visual representation in preview window

I have a gap element in a section with a white background. There’s no visual representation of it in the preview window (no grey lines) so it’s hard to know it’s there and select it.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Are you using the latest version? The gap should appear just like this:

Please update your theme to the latest version.

Hope this helps.

Hey @RueNel,

This issue is still present in Pro 1.2.3.

When I first add a gap element it’s visible, but when I move it to another section, the grey lines disappear. You can see it on my test site. Details are in a secure note.

@JvP,

I’m not sure what would cause this, but could be if this install was originally using a beta version.

It’s happening because the section background color is set to an empty string. Try changing your background color to transparent and it will start working. I tested this on your page but didn’t save so you can see for yourself.

Pro (and Cornerstone) have “contrast detection”. What’s happening is it checks the background colors and images used in the column, row, and section where the gap resides. If a dark color is detected, it makes the lines a lighter color - this is what’s being applied right now and it’s washing out against the white background. I can look into hardening this so it treats blank values as transparent.

Making the background transparent and then white again indeed fixed it. Thanks!

You’re welcome!