Fullscreen Revslider over existing site with close button

Hi there, I’m trying to add a fullscreen slider in front of (not above) my current website with a close button.

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks!

Hi @SEVERO,

Are you referring to a POPUP or MODAL? Would you mind sharing the content/design of the popup? Revslider is not meant to use inside a popup. A slider with a popup is possible. Though not sure about a popup showing a slider.

The usual popup that can be use is Convertplus. It is a bundled plugin with the theme and it has different options available. Be it modal or info box.

Can you give us more context of what you are trying to achieve so we can give a more specific recommendation or alternative? Thank you.

Hi there, I don’t think you can insert an html video in ConvertPlus.

Here’s a website of what I’m trying to achieve: https://stoppress.co.nz

Thanks

Hi @SEVERO,

You can hardcode an HTML video or use an Embed video code on ConvertPlus source editor.

Another extension that might help you is the Video Lock extension .
Cheers!

Hi there, having a little issue with this function. Fullscreen doesn’t seem to be displaying properly and the scrollbars seem to be displayed.

With the Revslider, isn’t there a way to display in front of your content rather than above the header? Also, can you embed a revslider within ConvertPlus?

Thanks

Hi @SEVERO,

No, you cant, Slider on a ConvertPlus Modal will have a problem calculating the height of the slider.

The problem with that is the Slider has no Close button, so it will stay in front of your content.

I see you updated Cornerstone to the latest version 4.0.4 but leave the X theme behind, please update the X theme to the latest version as well (7.0.4) to make sure this is not an incompatibility issue.

Your best bet for now (unless you know other modal plugins) is adding the video directly in ConvertPlus Modal (no slider) or use the Video Lock extension. The only flaw of Video Lock, in this case, is it cant be a fullscreen, but it will cover your content with its overlay.

Thanks,

Hi there, I managed to put a close button in the revslider and seems to work fine. My only issue now is the visibility for each user. I don’t want the slider appearing every time the browser is refreshed. I suppose there isn’t a way around this?

Cheers

Hi @SEVERO,

Unfortunately, the slider has no existing feature similar to Cookie option or user role visibility option. That would require additional customization which we can’t provide here in the forum.

For that I would still recommend the video lock extension. Then just style it to become full-screen, that would still need customization but not so complex as on revolution slider alone.

Thanks!

By default the Modal Popup in ConvertPlus only allows you to place text in the center of the modal. Is there a way to have it at the top?

Cheers

Hi @SEVERO,

Yes, add this to the Modal’s Custom CSS

.cp-modal-window-size .cp-modal-body {
	top: 5%;
}

Then the text has a text-align option, you can set that to center if you need the text in center.

Thanks,

Thank you for that. For some reason the video doesn’t appear in Chrome but seems to work fine in Safari. Why would that be?

Cheers

Hi @SEVERO,

Please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look on how you setup your video on ConvertPlus modal.

Thanks,

Secure note added above.

Thanks

Hi @SEVERO,

Thank you for the credentials, I see that you added the video URL on the Background-image field, although that might work on Safari, that is actually invalid, that field only render background-image. You need to use a video shortcode to place your video.

There is a flaw in this ConvertPlus setup though, is when you close the modal, the video will still play in the background. Now that I am seeing this I would strongly recommend going for the Video Lock extension as this is the right extension for a promotional video.

see examples here

Cheers!

Hi there, having issues with Video Lock “The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.” Haven’t received any emails so I’m not sure what is happening with this extension

Hi @SEVERO,

This error usually means somethings halted PHP execution. The following could help uncover more information of the issue:

Enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG. We might be able to see an error message on the site right away. If not, the error log could reveal where the problem is originating.

Add this to your wp-config.php file.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);

Just right before the line;

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

The log file can be found in /wp-content/ directory.

Please provide us FTP credentials as well so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.