Cornerstone not working and won't allow me to edit pages

Hi @Rad,

I’ll spin up a new server with a backup from a few months ago, I should be able to pull it from there.

I’ll update the thread once I’ve tried it. Likely tomorrow AM.

Thanks

Brad

Hi Brad,

The weird thing is, all the other staff could make it work. On the other hand, I have trouble loading the page in Cornerstone. No matter what I do or change in the settings, I always get this screen:

I am using the latest Firefox on a Mac. I know Alex and Christopher is using the same too. I do not have any addons or extensions in my Firefox browser. I’ve already told Alex about this and maybe he may have other ideas of what is going on.

Thanks.

Hey @RueNel,

It’s definitely weird, but I’m happy your able to reproduce the problem. Gives me hope @alexander will be able to find a fix.

I haven’t had time to try an old cornerstone plugin but I do have a few inside some older backups.

I’ll update the thread when I’ve tried it.

Thanks

Brad

You’re welcome, Brad.

Hi Support,

I installed cornerstone 2.1.7 on my DEV Site and I am able to edit pages.

@RueNel, Would you mind checking to see if this solves the issues for you as well?

Hopefully this helps @alexander with a fix.

Side note: Not sure why but this thread doesn’t appear under the “My Posts” section anymore. I had to search my username to find it?

Thanks

Brad

Hi Brad,

I’ll let Alexander know about that, thanks!

The reason why you can’t see this post under “My Posts” section, is because it has been “unlisted”, I suggest checking “Private Threads” section in this guide to know why sometimes we set some posts unlisted:

Thanks.

Hey @Alaa,

Great, thanks for letting @alexander know. I’m very curious to see if it works for @RueNel.

Thanks

Brad

Hi Brad,

Earlier I also was able experience the issue when forwarding to our development team (see secure note 1)

When I have checked today, I was able to load Cornerstone, edit content and also I was able to verify the changes (secure note 2)

I will also forward this to @RueNel to test on his end.

Thanks!

Hey @mldarshana,

Thanks for testing it and forwarding it to @RueNel.

Hopefully 2.1.7 works for @RueNel too, then we’ll see if @alexander can figure out why it’s broken with the newest version.

Thanks again!!! I really appreciate everyone’s effort.

Brad

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Hey @RueNel,

Were you able to login and test my Dev Site? Did cornerstone 2.1.7 work for you?

Thanks

Brad

Hey Brad,

Regretfully, @RueNel is not available at this time. But, I’ll forward this to him.

I tried accessing your site to give a shot at testing but it can’t be reached on my end.

Please check.

Thanks.

Hey @christian_y,

Sorry about that, available again. Let me know how it goes?

Do you know if @alexander has taken a look or has any thoughts as to why 2.1.7 works but not the current version?

Thanks

Brad

Hello Brad,

2.1.7 does not work for me. Please keep in mind that this is not compatible with X 6.1.6.
Please update it back to Cornerstone 3.1.6.

Thanks.

Hey @RueNel,

Thanks for testing it.

That’s really weird that it still doesn’t work. Version 2.1.7 works for me and @mldarshana where the newest version doesn’t.

I did a forum search and it looks like a few people are having the same problem.Hopefully @alexander can figure it out.

I really don’t want to use chrome.

Thanks

Brad

Hey Brad,

Your test site is still not loading on my end. I’ll follow up with @alexander regarding this case. Please keep your test site on.

Thanks.

Hey @christian_y ,

I’m not sure why it keeps dropping. I wasn’t able to access it either and I didn’t get any alarms through cloud watch.

It’s a t2 micro, so perhaps it’s burst credit related, I set it an m4 large so hopefully that fixes the issue. Sorry!

Thanks for following up with @alexander

Brad

Hi Brad,

It’s working now, I managed to log in.

Thanks.

Hey @Alaa,

Thanks for signing in and testing it. Cornerstone 2.1.7 seems to be working for everyone but @RueNel. It still doesn’t work for him.

Hopefully @alexander will figure it out. Several other forum posts seem to have the same problem and they haven’t figured it out yet either.

Thanks

Brad

Hi Brad,

I’m sorry, regretfully without being able to see the issue first hand we’re unable to confirm it and advise on a solution (or explore a problem in the product itself).

Thank you for getting the dev server setup. Would you mind also providing FTP access (or SFTP)? This would help us further troubleshoot the problem. That I imagine that 500 error is the root problem here but we’ve been unable to uncover the details behind that error message so far.