Cornerstone editor: old pages load a blank page

Hey there,

I can’t tell when the issue with blank pages happened, but the site was built a few years ago and has been through several update cycles without any problems.

And now when I try to update a page built with Cornerstone, it just loads a blank page. When I exit Cornerstone I see all the content in “code” format. Like so:

P.S. I have increased memory, turned of plugins and so on.

Hello Benjamin,

Thanks for writing in!

Usually shortcodes will show up with the page was edited or opened outside Cornerstone and that’s when Cornerstone data gets corrupted. Can you please confirm if the page was edited or opened outside of Cornerstone?

I also suggest you to please take a look at the reply posted in following thread:

Thanks.

Hey Prasant,

Can you please confirm if the page was edited or opened outside of Cornerstone?
No, it was not.

Some background.

I know that the hosting company recently updated all sites from older PHP versions to 7.1/2/3. Could this have anything to do with it?

Hello Benjamin,

Thanks for updating the thread.

PHP version should not be an issue. As of today WordPress supports and recommends PHP 7.3 or greater. As there are multiple X Theme licences in your account, it’s a bit difficult for me to test the website in question.

Can you please confirm that you are using latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone? As of today the latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone is 6.5.5 and 3.5.4 respectively.

Along with that, please share the website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Hello,

Yes X and Cornerstone are updated to the latest version.

Hello Benjamin,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I checked the website and can confirm that when page is opened in Cornerstone, content is blank. I tried to troubleshoot the problem by testing for plugin conflict and activating parent theme but issue still remains.

At this moment please try to delete current version of X Theme and Cornerstone from Appearance > Themes (X Theme) and Plugins > Installed Plugins (Cornerstone) respectively. After deleting X Theme and Cornerstone, please download fresh package of X Theme and then install the same from Appearance > Themes > Add New. Deleting X Theme and Cornerstone won’t have any impact on the content as they are saved in Database.

In case reinstallation does not resolves the problem, please share FTP login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Hello Prasant,

Unfortunately, the reinstallation did not solve the issue.

I am providing you with the FTP details.

Hi @benjaminrazi,

Unfortunately, the only workaround that is to conntact your hosting provider to restore your site from the working copy or create a temporary site from you working backup and export content as templates then you can import to your main site’s pages.

Regards!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.