Content not editable in Cornerstone, WordPress forcing Text Editor

Issue: When we click “Edit in Cornerstone” for a page none of the content is in Cornerstone - no sections, no elements, etc. The content just simply isn’t there. When you go back to the Edit Page page in WordPress it defaults to display the Edit Text panel instead of Cornerstone and shows all the shortcodes, content, etc written out in the Text composer. Even if you click to select Edit in Cornerstone, the page will always default back to the Text tab composer on the Edit Page screen.

It appears as if all the content is only editable by typing out shortcodes and manually doing everything in the Text tab on an Edit Page screen. It wasn’t like this before the update and migration.

What we’ve done already: We have reinstalled and tested plugins to no avail. Even if we had to manually recreate all pages in Cornerstone all over again, WordPress would still switch back to the Text tab on its own as it is showing up by default.

Hi @be3designs,

Thanks for reaching out and I understand the frustration. And if I’m understanding you correctly, this happened even before you move to the new server? Where did you perform the update, in the new server or in the original server?

Based on your provided information and from what I saw, cornerstone data is corrupted. What you see in the editor are just shortcodes pre-generated from those data to make sure the page still renders in case it fails like now, but yes, not going to be editable anymore. The workaround that I can see is to restore your site from the working copy or create a temporary site from you working backup and export content as templates then you can import to your main site’s pages.

The cause of data corruptions are mostly database editing (affecting the serialized data), a migration that alters URL unsafely, and 3rd party plugin that hooks to those data. Any updates can’t do this since it’s mostly file related, plus, it still supports classic elements for backward compatibility, it will not just ignore your existing old content.

Thanks!

Thank you for the response. Looks like the original database was corrupted after the latest theme update and before migration. Since we can’t save templates as it is, we shall rebuild the site from scratch on a clean install!

Thanks again!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.