Cornerstone does not show new content

Hello,

I had to make some shanges in visual level, and when I returned to Cornerstone, and made changes there too, it does not let me save. It is problematic, because i cannot make all the changes in code level.
Actually I changed the video player (fvplayer), because i was not satistfied with x video player. It is interesting, that Cornerstone does not show the new content, but if i check the web view, it is correct.

Can you please help me?

Thank you in advance.

Hi there,

Would you mind to try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

In case the issue persists, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

Thank you, i do my best. Regards

Hi, I suppose FV Player plugin is responsible for this mess.

I used it, because x video player does not work properly when my site is opened through Facebook. The triangle (play) icon can be misunderstood, and a black square is on the screen which does not let the user watch the video (which actually is running behind the square). Do you have any advice instead of FV Player?

Thank you

Hello @Somogyvari,

Thanks for writing in! Please understand that Cornerstone is a page builder. When creating a page using Cornerstone, you are not supposed to switched between editors. Doing so would lead you to a corrupted cornerstone data. When you edit a page outside of Cornerstone, any changes you’ve made will not reflect when you go back and edit the page in Cornerstone. The last saved state in Cornerstone will be displayed and anything that you have added or changed outside of Cornerstone will not display because it is not saved as part of Cornerstone data. It might display on the front end but not in Cornerstone when you edit the page.

If you do not want to use X video element, you may use other player via shortcode added in a content area element or raw content element. So if FV player has a shortcode, then you can use it. You just have to add it while you are editing the page in Cornerstone.

Hope this helps.

Hello, it helped me absolutely, thank you very much.

Are these the same elements to insert Mailchimp embed code?

Thank you in advance, regards

Hi There @Somogyvari

Mailchimp email form shortcode also can be added to a Raw Content element in Cornerstone. You can refer to our detailed guide in our knowledge base section on how to setup Mailchimp extension (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-email-forms/82).

Also there’s another alternative plugin you can use for email newsletters as well (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-convertplus/66).

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much!

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.