Cannot Validate Theme: Get Error "cURL error 60..."

Full error code: cURL error 60: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates

So I bought a theme for my site the other day and haven’t been able to get it set up after a few days of trying. First off, I have a copy of x.zip saved to my computer in case of issues like this.

I began by going to my Themeco dashboard and downloading the zip from there, which was called “themeforest-5871901-x-the-theme-wordpress-theme.zip”. Tried to upload that and I get a blank white screen that doesn’t let me do anything at all. Went into FTP and deleted that folder and uploaded my old backup of x.zip and that’s when I get the error I listed above. Would love some help getting this thing off the ground :slight_smile:

I’m going to post the url, login creds, and verification code in a private key so that you guys can take a look. Thanks in advance!

Hi Randy,

In themeforest, you only need to download the wordpress installable file and not all files.

All files and Documentation. This option will download a .zip file which will include the theme, all extensions, documentation, and the licensing information.
Installable WordPress files only. This option will just download the theme in a .zip format to your WordPress site.

You can also download the theme in Forum dashboard

https://theme.co/apex/dashboard

Please delete the existing xtheme and upload the new one.

For more information kindly refer to the link below.

Hope that helps

Well thanks for trying I guess, but that wasn’t very helpful at all. I had already chosen the install wordpress files only option–and my backup on my computer has worked for multiple other sites…

I tried what you recommended to get the exact same error…

Would anyone mind actually logging in and trying to validate the license and seeing what’s happening? I have already included the login info and verification code

Hi Randy,

Upon checking, your referenced purchase code or license is not added to your Themeco account. So I have assigned this site URL temporarily to your existing license as a staging.

Then once I have re-installed your X theme and Cornerstone plugin, I was able validate your site using that temporary license.

If your original license is on another account, you should be able to revoke the current license and re-validate using it. Or else you need to add your purchase code to your Themeco account properly by following our guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-product-validation/55).

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.