Building site similar to Ethos 1

I am having difficulty getting my site bluewingkennel.com to display posts on the landing page like posts are displayed on the landing page in the demo ethos 1. I have created a couple of my own posts with featured images and background images, selecting the options to display in post slider and post carousel, but nothing is displaying in the post carousel above the menu bar, and only the most recent post appears in the post slider below the menu bar.

What revolution slider plugin should I be using in order to make my site look and function exactly like the ethos 1 demo, and how do I make it work?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi @knbgraeb,

Thanks for writing in.

The demo for Ethos 01 simply utilizes some Ethos-specific magazine options while assigning the front page of the installation to display the latest posts instead of a static page. To display your latest posts on the homepage of your site, go to Settings > Reading in the WordPress admin area and ensure that Your latest posts is selected for the Front page displays option. Once you have done that, you will also want to ensure that the Post Carousel, Post Slider, and Filterable Index are enabled in Customizer. For more information on this, please refer to the Ethos Customizer video available in the Knowledge Base.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi @nico,

Thanks for the reply.

I read the Ethos customizer article in the Knowledge Base and also checked the settings you suggested:

‘Settings > Reading in the WordPress admin area and ensure that Your latest posts is selected for the Front page displays option. Once you have done that, you will also want to ensure that the Post Carousel, Post Slider, and Filterable Index are enabled in Customizer’

All these are enabled as you suggested.

No posts are displaying in my post carousel, and only 1 (the most recent) post is displaying in the post slider.

Please advise further on how to fix this issue.

Thank you.
Katie

Hi there,

This seems to be a specific case which needs to have more information to be able to give you proper help.

Before anything, kindly go to Settings > Reading and make sure the options below have values more than 1:

Check if it fixes the only one blog post showing problem. Also kindly make sure that the other blog posts are published and not in draft mode.

For further assistance, we will need the URL/User/Pass of your Wordpress dashboard given to us using the Secure Note functionality of the post.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the given User/Pass did not work and we could not access the Wordpress Dashboard. But judging the website link from the front end of the website I see 2 errors:

The error shows that there is a conflict with another script. Please kindly deactivate your 3rd party plugins one by one and test to see which one is causing this conflict.

The other point is that the Cornerstone plugin is not installed which is mandatory for the website. Please go to X > Overview menu. Wait for few second and then go to other menu and you should see the message that Cornerstone is installed automatically.

Also kindly double check the User/Pass so that we can dig deeper.

Hi Christopher,

I sent a new secure note.

Thank you.
Katie

Hi there,

It should be okay now. Your cornerstone is from a different author, I installed the correct one.

Thanks!

Thank you, @Rad !

You are welcome!

Hi team,

I’m facing the same issue as @knbgraeb, I’m using Ethos 1 and cannot see the slider and the post carousel despite that I have published posts.

Thanks to help

Hi there,

We need to test the case for your installation. First of all please make a complete backup of your website and update the theme to version 6.0.4 and the Cornerstone to version 3.0.4.

Then please open up a separate thread and give us the login information using the Secure Note of the post.

Please do not add the Secure Note here as the Secure Note is visible to the original poster of the thread.

Thank you.

Hello,

I have the exact same problem. I just installed the theme and installed the Ethos 1 stack with the demo content and I don’t see any posts in the post slider or anywhere at the frontpage.

I did everything as described here, in particular did I check whether my settings under “reading” are correct. I also completely reset my site and wiped the whole database, so that I would have a fresh installation, but still I have the problem. I disabled all plugins except cornerstone, but still I don’t see any posts at the frontpage.

I have the latest versions of the X theme and cornerstone plugin.

Hi @Muller,

I have responded to your separate post here:

Kindly refer to that thread to avoid confusion.

Thank you.