Cannot see any posts on frontpage in Ethos 1

Hello,

I have the same problem as described in this topic:

I just installed the theme and installed the Ethos 1 stack with the demo content and I don’t see any posts in the post slider or anywhere at the frontpage.

I did everything as described here, in particular did I check whether my settings under “reading” are correct. I also completely reset my site and wiped the whole database, so that I would have a fresh installation, but still I have the problem. I disabled all plugins except cornerstone, but still I don’t see any posts at the frontpage.

I have the latest versions of the X theme and cornerstone plugin.

Hi there,

Please go to Settings > Reading then set Your latest posts as Your homepage displays.

Then go to X > Theme Options > Ethos > Blog Options then remove the Category IDs currently in the text field.

Then also check the Display options of Post Carousel, Post Slider – Blog, and Post Slider – Archives to Random.

Currently, nothing shows up in those areas because the display options are set to Featured and there are no posts yet where the featured option is selected.

You can set an Ethos featured post when you edit a post and checking the settings under Ethos Post Settings.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi!

Thank you, that did the trick. There are so many options, I didn’t notice the “Display” option for the carousel and sliders and the categories under “Blog Options”.
Anyway, thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.