404 Plugin working and Full Height

Opening an Assistance ticket on my Theme install.
I’ll add the Login data as soon as I can add them privately.

• Even if enabled and set, the Custom 404 Page plugin shows shortcodes on the Frontend too. Other custom 404 plugins seem not to work with your Theme enabled. My custom page is the page named “Errore” in my site.

• I would like an advice about the “Errore” page. I tried to make a full height page through Css. My aim is having a cross-browser full height page with some text at the center and a link to my Homepage.

• With both options (show all pages / on selected pages) the Content Dock plugin shows nothing on the Frontend. I tried different settings and I added the widget using different contents, but I still don’t see it on my site.

• The White Label plugin is enabled and an image is saved as Logo, but the image doesn’t show on the Login screen.

During the Theme install I did not detect any particular misconfiguration, double import or malfunction who could have caused all that stuff not working.

Hope you can help, thank you in advance.

Hi There,

Sorry you’re having this issue, this is a known bug and our Dev Team already fixed this, it will be on the next release. We could not provide an ETA of the next release though.

Related post

Regarding the white label logo, try using a .jpg format of your image/logo.

Although the content dock shows up on my end (https://prnt.sc/gws0wd), I advice that you update all your extensions to version 2.0.2.

Version Compatibility

I see that the white label and Custom 404 are already in version 2, but not the others.

To update those extensions to version 2.0.2, follow these steps:

- Ensure your theme is validated so Extensions can be installed automaticaly
- Deactivate and delete the extensions.
- On the theme overview page, locate and install the "Extensions".
- Visit "Plugins" panel in your Dashbaord to activate the newly installed version.

Because all of the plugin settings are stored in the database, and because version 2.x will migrate settings from older versions, its safe to use this method of deleting the previous version.

Thank you for understanding,

Hello.

• 404 page: no ETA right, but you guys can ensure me that the issue will be solved in… 1 week? 2 weeks? 3? 1 month?

• I won’t use White Label then, not really necessary but may I give a small advice? Due to the fact the Plugin changes the logo in the WP Login page (who has a background texture) most people who could like to use that Plugin will try to use a transparent background for their Logo.

• I fìnd no mention about the full height question I made (also ignored by other guy in my first ticket). This means there’s no way to achieve a crossbrowser full height page with the X Theme?

• Content dock shows up now. Must have been a Cache problem. One is over at least.

• My WP Account shows no Updates available apart from Plugins who have nothing to do with the issue. I know there’s an Update because I asked after I detected a malfunctioning. Is it going to work like that in the future? Or those Updates should be visible, which means there’s something is wrong with the overall Site?

• I’ll follow your instructions completely deleting the Plugins from WP Admin area, then reinstalling from X. Hope everything is going as you say.

Hi there,

1. We can’t really tell about the ETA, but sometimes it could be earlier since it’s an addon.

2. You could always use a PNG image with transparent background, or GIF image. It depends on how you made the logo through your photo editing software. I just tried that out and it’s working on my end.

3. There is, but it’s a bit tricky and solution varies depending on what you wish to achieve. This is an example http://www.useragentman.com/blog/2014/09/24/fixing-cross-browser-issues-with-css3-viewport-units-in-ie9-and-safari-for-ios/ but instead of using VW (for width), you’ll have to use VH (for height), example

.myLargeBlock {
/* this is full height */
    width: 100vh;
}

Now, that is full-height. But what if your container has padding and spacing, then that would affect the size. Example, let’s say your existing container has 10px padding on both top and bottom, then

.myLargeBlock {
/* this is full height */
    width: calc( 100vh - 20px );
}

This is just about setting a full-height of the container, this doesn’t account the content yet. Hence, it’s a bit tricky, and centering the content like text vertically is another thing too. If you wish to continue this kind of implementation then you may want to consult it to a developer, OR, use a full-screen RevSlider.

The slider should do the rest like full-height, responsive offset for content, and etc.

1. Glad to hear it’s now working.

2. Update has 12 hours interval so you may not see it right away upon release, but you can always force it by clicking Check Now button in the update/dashboard section of your site. You may also check our Apex’s changelog section for more information about the update.

3. Yes, please re-install them but there is no guarantee.

Thanks!

Hello, thank you for answering.

404: due to reasons I cannot imagine, the 404 Plugin that I installed apart, started working with X Theme today. Now I can use it to display the 404 page content I want.

Whitelabel: issue was that PNGs I added in settings weren’t displayed in front end. My PNG always rendered everywhere until now, I don’t think this is an image issue. It was cosy, but not vital for the job so I just won’t use it.

Fullheight: thank you for providing exhaustive information, really appreciated. This will be used when I get how exactly should I add this library to the theme files before calling it on the custom page.

Updates: I dropped the biggest part of the X extensions so I should have less problems with them in case.

One last question on X extensions: “The Grid”, “Essential Grid”. Are these necessary to the Theme itself, are they determining the way some Cornerstone elements display? Or is it just another plugin to make custom grids on a Website? There’s too much to read on this single plugin, I just want to know if I can get rid of it without other components / theme shortcodes missing it.

Thanks

Hi There,

You’re always welcome!

Cornerstone is the only plugin that is required on X theme. Other X theme addons and bundled plugins is not necessary. Feel free to install it if you want/need it but that is just an option. If you are not using the The Grid and Essential Grid you may deactivate and delete it.

Hope this helps.

I’m chiming in with the issue on the 404 add on. I’m getting shortcodes when I view the page after it’s marked as 404.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing around! Make sure theme and all of your extensions are updated to the latest version, to check the version numbers please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195 and to update the extensions follow https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/404-plugin-working-and-full-height/11416/2

If this doesn’t help then try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!