Z-index issue I think

I am all of the sudden having an issue with a sub menu in my prop header not displaying in front of the section below it. I have tried lowering the z-index and changing overflow to visible. This just happened with recent updates as this site has been online for better than a year. Please advise and thank you for your assistance.

www.locationone.com
menu-shot

*We have also had a second vertical scrollbar that displays unless we add the following css.
body {overflow-y: hidden;}
body {overflow-x: hidden;}

I have read your support forum articles. Not sure where the issue is coming from but your insight would be appreciated. I need you to address the first item and we can come back to this. The first item is preventing access to the pages linked on the sub menu.

Thanks.

Hello @kstidham,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that you have set the fixed height of the Header Bar and Overflow as hidden. I would suggest you set the Header bar height as “auto” and Overflow as “Visible”

mainheader-Header-Builder-Pro (2)

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Header name

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I tried to implement the changes to the header properties. It did not work when the css in my original message mentioned. To test it, this will have to be removed from the css. It is at the bottom of the stylesheet in theme options. I was able to bring the menu layer forward. I will follow up with a secure note. It is working the way I have it tweaked but it will return if we do not make it right. Thank you so much for your help.

Hello @kstidham,

Using the custom CSS should not affect the submenu. As I have checked the site, this is what I am seeing given that the custom CSS is present in the Theme Options > CSS.

Please clear all your plugin caches and browser cache and then test the site again.

I changed the z-index after your first reply yesterday and it was working fine. It is just odd that these things change with theme updates. This was not an issue when the site launched. Anyway, this is good to go. Still need a resolution to the double scrollbars. Thanks.

Hi @kstidham,

Unfortunately, the double scrollbar issue is not visible anymore. If you are still seeing that, I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache and in the incognito/private mode of the browser.
If that does not help, please share the exact URL where you are having this issue.

Thanks

That is because I inserted css to make it not display. Unfortunately, this eventually causes issues with limited scrolling. Read the initial topic. I just want to know what is causing it. When I modify css it is usually a temp solution that has residual effects. Thanks.

Hi @kstidham,

The double scrollbar mostly appears if some of the element is taller or similar in height to its container. I would suggest you check by deleting the section one by one till the issue is fixed, and the last one you have deleted before the fix is the actual issue.

NOTE: Please check the last section of the page is the reason behind your issue, please try by adjusting the Gap height of the Row and other Height options.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.