Yoast unable to read Cornerstone output - is this an ongoing issue?

Hi,

I have been reading up on this forum and in other places about the issues that occur when Yoast SEO tries to read data within a page editor other than the standard Wordpress one.

I have this problem where Cornerstone is not issuing any link information relating any of my pages to Yoast. This is a problem in as much that Yoast reports no active links either in or out from my pages when I know full well that most of my pages are linked.

I have followed advice from previous answers on this forum to similar issues, my Wordpress build, My theme (X), PHP, MySQL, Yoast, and Cornerstone are all up to date and running the latest releases. I have disabled all plug-ins and the problem persists, I have switched from Child Theme to Main Theme with no joy.

So I spoke to Yoast support and they ran an analysis on some pages on my site and sent me the screen grab below.

Yoast Screen grab - cornerstone issue

Yoasts comments on this are as below:

Your site uses the Cornerstone page builder which provides limited information for Yoast SEO to analyze screenshot. We’ve highlighted 3 points in the screenshot.*

• The first shows that Cornerstone page builder takes you outside of the default WordPress editor to create content.*

• The second shows the command that can be used to see exactly what content the Cornerstone page builder provides to the Yoast SEO analysis*

• The third shows that the provided content includes zero links to content on your site. As such, Yoast SEO Premium will return no outgoing links to other content on your site. This also confirms that the Cornerstone page builder doesn’t provide the external link that is also on the page.

Yoast support gave me a link to an article in their KB that may help to address this problem. This is below

Can I add data to the page analysis? https://kb.yoast.com/kb/can-i-add-data-to-the-page-analysis/

Please can you look into this for me and let me have your comments.

Regards

Andy Stoneman

Hi Andy,

Thanks for reaching out.

SEO Yoast issues with cornerstone have been fixed from previous releases. The output is also readable, in fact, the cornerstone uses the Yoast for it to happen the same thing as here https://kb.yoast.com/kb/can-i-add-data-to-the-page-analysis/

As shown in this screenshot,

You can also check the file at cornerstone\includes\classes\components\class-yoast.php for some integration as well especially for the premium version like a feature for internal linking. That integration only allows the content of the builder to be exposed to internal link processing upon save. That doesn’t add the linking analyst tool to the builder.

But this isn’t an ongoing issue, because those fixed is added last year. Maybe we can say it’s an ongoing issue if SEO Yoast integration standard frequently changes that we may need to update our integration frequently as well. Could you try the older version of SEO Yoast premium, like a version from last year? If that’s working then we may need to check and change our integration too.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Thanks for your reply.

I’ll try to get an older version of Yoast loaded and see what happens.

I’ll report back for your reference as well.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Hi Cramaton,

I have approached Yoast and they installed an older version of Yoast premium on my staging site which worked OK so it looks as though Cornerstone needs to be updated to work with the latest Yoast premium version.

I have attached a couple of screenshots and Yoast supports’ reply concerning the rollback test is below:

"Thank you for extending our access to your website. We uninstalled Yoast SEO Premium 14.7 and installed an older 13.5 version of the plugin.

We see that the Cornerstone content is visible with our pre-14.0 update.

In 14.0, we made quite a few major changes to how to the plugin handles data. Learn more about that release here.

We’d recommend contacting Cornerstone to request they review their integration for compatibility with 14.0 and newer Yoast SEO versions."

Hopefully you can help to resolve this matter.

Regards

Andy Stoneman

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your information, we have posted this in our issue tracker so it will be queued for investigation and would be possibly fixed in one of the succeeding releases.

Thanks

Hi Tristup,

Thanks for your reply.

Will I be kept informed when this issue is resolved or will I need to wait and see what each update offers?

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

Once it is updated, the update information will be available at our changelog page: https://theme.co/docs/changelog/cornerstone-4

Thanks

OK Tristup,

I’ll check after each update.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

You are most welcome.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.