Yoast SEO plugin issue

Hello,

There seems to be an issue with the Yoast SEO plugin throughout several latest versions of your Pro theme. Under the SEO analysis, it says the word count is 0 for every page/post, but that is not true. I saw a similar issue being reported in several tickets on your forum. Is there a solution to this?

I have the latest versions of WordPress (6.2), Pro (6.2.3), and the Yoast SEO plugin (20.5) installed. I disabled/enabled the plugin and cleared the Cornerstone system cache, but it didn’t help. I also switched themes, and then everything worked (for other themes). Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

Hello @zacks_adm,

Thanks for writing in! I am using WordPress 6.2, Pro 6.2.3, and Yoast 20.6 version. I could not replicate the issue. I am seeing this on my posts:

Please provide us with your site details so we can check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello @ruenel

I have updated my initial reply with the login credentials in the secure note. Please feel free to check the issue at any time. Thank you.

Hello, I have noticed that you are getting a word count in your WordPress now. When the issue was happening, was the classic editor turned on? Did you do anything else to get your install working?

Hello @charlie

The issue on my site is still on; Yoast SEO still shows 0 word count for every single page/post I have. All I know is I noticed this not working a week ago (at the same time I opened this ticket). As for classic editor, I don’t think it’s on; I’m doing all my edits in Cornerstone. To be honest, I don’t know how to turn on classic editor in the first place. Fell free to log in to the site and check for yourself. Tell me if you don’t see my secure note, I will create a new one. Thank you.

I’m not seeing 0 word count for every single page / post. The only one I can see that issue on is the category archive. I can see the issue on that, and our Yoast js plugin doesn’t run on the terms edit page. Send me some links if I missed something. Is the live site doing something different to this staging site? Thanks!

Hello @charlie

Initially, I checked this only in my Chrome browser. I tried it in other browsers now. In MS Edge, I have the same “issue,” while in Firefox, everything is fine, and the word count displayed is correct. I did the same test on the other computer and other networks and had the same results (word count visible only in Firefox).

What’s even more confusing, I have a site running WP 6.1.1., Pro 6.1.9. and Yoast 20.4. and there, everything is fine in all browsers.

If you don’t have any more ideas on why this is happening, I will not bother you anymore. I will try to raise the same issue on the Yoast support forum; maybe they will know more.

Okay this makes more sense to me now. I’m seeing this issue on Chrome now, and I’ll see what the issue is on our end. No need to raise the issue on the Yoast forum it’s in our plugin. It’s a small integration so it should be fixed in a release or two.

That sounds good, @charlie. I appreciate your help and looking forward to seeing this resolved.

1 Like

Hello @charlie

Just to let you know, after updating Pro to v6.2.4, everything is OK now regarding the Yoast plugin. Thank you for your assistance, and please feel free to close/archive this ticket.

Hi @zacks_adm,

Glad to know that it is resolved now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.